Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alicecooper

Acne Ruins My Life. My Body Is Too Sensitive To Everything.

I can get my acne to be about 75% clear with a diet that consists mostly of meat, vegetables, and fruit. Nothing high glycemic or high on the insulin index. No grains. No potatoes, even sweet potatoes.

Most of the time i have to prepare the food myself because every fucking prepared food out there has a million ingredients including five pounds of sugar. seriously, sugar is in everything its pathetic. This is the hardest part. I CAN ALMOST NEVER GO OUT TO EAT WITH FRIENDS. Theres rarely anything on a menu that i can eat. How am i supposed to take a girl out to eat or go anywhere when i cant fucking eat a damn thing? I just hold everyone back...

I have to be 100% perfect with a diet that only gets me 75% success. Last night I went out to some asian food place and ordered some type of chicken and beef skewers. Then I went to some late night diner and ordered steak and mashed potatoes. Today I can tell somewhere in those foods were ingredients that aggrivated my skin. I am guessing the meats were seasoned with something that had sugar, the potatoes(i thought i could get away with a few bites) had some gravy on it which i tried to avoid but most likely had flour and sugar in it....

This is impossible. I feel like im in prison. This isnt normal at all. No one understands. Im 25 yrs old and my body should not still be this sensative.

To top it off this diet gives me diahrrea. I have to take a bunch of fiber pills to help and it still wont go away 100%

I am a fucking medical mess. feels like im going to be this way forever and i never did anything wrong to deserve this.

Edited by alicecooper

You are probably not that sensitive to food, but rather something else makes you senstive to food.

There are things I can't normally eat without breaking out, yet on vacation in Greece I was able to eat anything and even drink beer every night and I was not breaking out.

Whatever is causing your diarrhea is probably more the source of the problem than what food you eat.

I think you should add whole grains in your diet just to be healthier. And i doubt purely diet can get rid of acne...I think a combination of diet & topical solutions can help.

i feelllll your pain. my skin is super sensitive too. and i said super. right after i eat something wrong, my neck and chin will immidiately react. i feel like i'm not living becuase i can not eat things that i like and go out with friends is not comportable anymore since i i can't do things they do (fortunately i still have a friend who understands my situation.) and the thing is i'm on antibiotics, is it the reason why i'm too sensitive to some certain kind of food like seafood, treats....

I think you should add whole grains in your diet just to be healthier. And i doubt purely diet can get rid of acne...I think a combination of diet & topical solutions can help.

Grains are generally bad, specially the white ones. It's little bit hard to digest and it spikes your hormones. Hormones are whats causing acne, not testosterone really itself. But insulin because during puberty your hormones go crazy over eating sugary food. So Diet is perhaps the only permanent cure for acne.

I don't get why potatoes would break you out

Aren't they just vegetables? I have the same problems as you

I have to avoid most foods and drinks. Diet is a big cause of my bad skin.

Grains are generally bad, specially the white ones. It's little bit hard to digest and it spikes your hormones. Hormones are whats causing acne, not testosterone really itself. But insulin because during puberty your hormones go crazy over eating sugary food. So Diet is perhaps the only permanent cure for acne.

I don't get why potatoes would break you out

Aren't they just vegetables? I have the same problems as you

I have to avoid most foods and drinks. Diet is a big cause of my bad skin.

ironically, grains help my digestion.

potatoes cause an insulin spike.

You will probably eventually be able to have starch once your body heals from years of damage. I would start off with a quality probiotic to help heal your digestive track. That's weird about the diarrhea. If anything, it seems eating like you are would cure it. And I know how you feel because I have to adhere to a strict paleo diet to not break out as well. But, at least we will be healthier.

Well i thought whole grains are part of a healthy diet. I eat brown rice

Well i thought whole grains are part of a healthy diet. I eat brown rice

Yea don't takee what I said. I meant the reined ones. Those are big baddies. By refined ones, I mean one you see almost everywhere the white ones.

Eat ones that are rather black or brownish in color, those actually have tons of minerals and nutritions and allow the sugar to metabolize properly. Make sure its not bleached or anything, aslong as it's organic and not refined its healthy to eat.

Eat ones that are rather black or brownish in color, those actually have tons of minerals and nutritions and allow the sugar to metabolize properly. Make sure its not bleached or anything, aslong as it's organic and not refined its healthy to eat.

They don't really have 'tons' or anything you wouldn't be better off getting from other foods. And they are difficult to digest and it's extremely common to be intolerant to them and in that case, the whole grains can be worse for you than the refined grain because whole grains contain more of the substances people are intolerant to and are harder to digest.

i'm not saying no one can have them. i have them. But they shouldn't be a big part of your diet, if you have them, they should be prepared properly with traditional soaking/fermenting /sprouting techniques, and everyone should try avoiding them completely for a period to test for intolerance and to heal the intestinal damage they cause.

I can get my acne to be about 75% clear with a diet that consists mostly of meat, vegetables, and fruit. Nothing high glycemic or high on the insulin index. No grains. No potatoes, even sweet potatoes.

Most of the time i have to prepare the food myself because every fucking prepared food out there has a million ingredients including five pounds of sugar. seriously, sugar is in everything its pathetic. This is the hardest part. I CAN ALMOST NEVER GO OUT TO EAT WITH FRIENDS. Theres rarely anything on a menu that i can eat. How am i supposed to take a girl out to eat or go anywhere when i cant fucking eat a damn thing? I just hold everyone back...

I have to be 100% perfect with a diet that only gets me 75% success. Last night I went out to some asian food place and ordered some type of chicken and beef skewers. Then I went to some late night diner and ordered steak and mashed potatoes. Today I can tell somewhere in those foods were ingredients that aggrivated my skin. I am guessing the meats were seasoned with something that had sugar, the potatoes(i thought i could get away with a few bites) had some gravy on it which i tried to avoid but most likely had flour and sugar in it....

This is impossible. I feel like im in prison. This isnt normal at all. No one understands. Im 25 yrs old and my body should not still be this sensative.

To top it off this diet gives me diahrrea. I have to take a bunch of fiber pills to help and it still wont go away 100%

I am a fucking medical mess. feels like im going to be this way forever and i never did anything wrong to deserve this.

I completely sympathize after doing about 14-15 months of this diet-acne stuff and not seeing results and on top of this being very underweight for a man. I don't doubt the acne-diet connection as you only have to look at this message board to see people who have cured their skin problems but this hasn't been working for me. My friends and family think i have an eating disorder as i'm always saying 'i can't eat that it's got gluten in it' or 'there's dairy or soya in that so i cant have it'. A few months ago i realised i was jepordising a relationship i was having through my fussy eating habits (it is not romantic when you tell youre partner that you don't want to go for a meal unless there's a salad you can have) It's no fun and in the end i decided after months and months of not eating grains that i was going to reintroduce them to my diet. My skin is the same as ever- mild-moderate acne with blackheads and whiteheads around the temples/mouth that become inflammed and usually scar. I guess i'm just going to have to learn to live with this.

Edited by Bosie