Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, i dont know. I am probably being very impatient. But iv been on accutane for 4 days so far. And i have broken out pretty bad since then. Do you guy's think it's the meds? I have no side effects or anything yet. Kinda bummed. I hope it's the meds that are breaking me out and not something im eating/doing. What do you guy's think? Also, i havn't really been washing my face or anything yet. I heard you should use cetaphil once your skin dries, which i will. Gah.

That is very odd.

My dermatologist told me to wash my face both morning and night with a light cleanser and to moisturize with a good lotion after I wash. I used Cetaphil for both of that. Even when you are on Accutane you still want to wash daily. Also, for some people they do tend to have a major breakout before the clearing starts. Think of it like this, you just hit day 4 and the whole thing is a 5-6 MONTH treatment. Some people even go multiple rounds. I had to do two, I was on the stuff for 11 months total and I still wasn't 100% clear and that's when I went to the Regimen and now I'm 100% clear.

Just a fun tip...apply eye drops to your eyes both morning and night. This will help to prevent your eyes from going dry and hurting.

Good Luck!

p.s...DRINK WATER and Gatorade is okay too, but no soda, no tea, no coffee!!!! That is the best advice that my friend gave me when I was on it. lol.

Also, do you guys recommend using cetaphil now? I dunno, i think it might have broke my skin out when i used it last, but i could be wrong. I am washing my face with just plain water though.

I took accutane for 9 months when I was 15 which was ten years ago. My skin got much worse before it got better. I even had a staph infection at one point and was on medication for weeks. Eventually my skin did clear with no scaring and is perfectly clear. On the down aide is have been in and out of hospitals for ten years and was recently diagnosed with chromatography disease which the gi doctor said was from the accutane since it doesn't run in my family. I take 15 pills a day and have had 4 surgeries. Of I had to go back I wouldn't take it it. It isn't worth it. But to answer your question your skin will get better.

That is very odd.

My dermatologist told me to wash my face both morning and night with a light cleanser and to moisturize with a good lotion after I wash. I used Cetaphil for both of that. Even when you are on Accutane you still want to wash daily. Also, for some people they do tend to have a major breakout before the clearing starts. Think of it like this, you just hit day 4 and the whole thing is a 5-6 MONTH treatment. Some people even go multiple rounds. I had to do two, I was on the stuff for 11 months total and I still wasn't 100% clear and that's when I went to the Regimen and now I'm 100% clear.

Just a fun tip...apply eye drops to your eyes both morning and night. This will help to prevent your eyes from going dry and hurting.

Good Luck!

p.s...DRINK WATER and Gatorade is okay too, but no soda, no tea, no coffee!!!! That is the best advice that my friend gave me when I was on it. lol.

How come no soda,tea or coffee? Because the risk of breaking out? Or does it interfere someway with accutane?

That is very odd.

Good Luck!

How come no soda,tea or coffee? Because the risk of breaking out? Or does it interfere someway with accutane?

Not really, it was more of a mind set thing. They tell you to drink a lot of water because the Accutane will dry you out. I found myself drinking a lot of liquid but it was in the form of soda, tea or coffee and I wasn't getting my full amount of H2O. lol. It's all about being hydrated. Once I stopped and started to drink only water and Gatorade I stopped getting super dry on my skin and I actually never got to a flaky/peel stage or anything over the top as far as my dryness went. My Accutane was very easy going. Nothing special.

That is very odd.

Good Luck!

Not really, it was more of a mind set thing. They tell you to drink a lot of water because the Accutane will dry you out. I found myself drinking a lot of liquid but it was in the form of soda, tea or coffee and I wasn't getting my full amount of H2O. lol. It's all about being hydrated. Once I stopped and started to drink only water and Gatorade I stopped getting super dry on my skin and I actually never got to a flaky/peel stage or anything over the top as far as my dryness went. My Accutane was very easy going. Nothing special.

Oh ok great. Thanks for the info. ill definitely keep that mind.I have been drinking a lot of water so far