Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vsmini

What's The Harm In Only Applying Bp To The Problem Areas?

Hey guys - I'm brand new and it's my first post.

29 y/o female who has never had a problem with acne before but I am starting to have some now probably due to two factors:

#1 - I just got off the pill Yasmin last month so I think my hormones are trying to rebalance

#2 - I'm on day 8 of the Clean program detox cleanse and they say it's very common to breakout due to toxins getting out of your body.

Either way I think the Pill is contributing more to it than anything else. I just purchased the Regimen and am waiting for its delivery. I'm only breaking out on my cheeks so I was wondering what the harm was in only applying the BP to the problem areas. I tend to get a try nose, chin and forehead so I thought it would be good to steer clear of putting BP in those already dry areas especially if there is no acne there.

Anybody just apply BP to the problem areas?

It's okay to do a spot treatment, but in the long run a full coverage is going to be more of a benefit. Plus when you go to moisturize or even put on make-up your going to move and push the BP all over your face so it's a good idea to let your skin adjust to the BP as a whole so it wont cause some areas of the face to become more sensitive than others. Plus I've noticed that ever since I started the regimen my skin has really balanced itself. It's all a personal thing, but I would strongly suggest you stick with a full face application, BUT if you ordered the kit with AHA+ I would use that as a spot treatment after you have been on the regimen for a few months. Good Luck!

but I would strongly suggest you stick with a full face application, BUT if you ordered the kit with AHA+ I would use that as a spot treatment after you have been on the regimen for a few months. Good Luck!

Thanks - do you mean you would use the BP as a spot treatment after being on the regimen for a few months or use the AHA+ as a spot treatment? Thanks!

I've been on the regimen for the last four years and only ever use the BP on my chin area as thats where my acne has always been. I haven't found any problems in concentrating only on my problem area

but I would strongly suggest you stick with a full face application, BUT if you ordered the kit with AHA+ I would use that as a spot treatment after you have been on the regimen for a few months. Good Luck!

Thanks - do you mean you would use the BP as a spot treatment after being on the regimen for a few months or use the AHA+ as a spot treatment? Thanks!

I was talking about using the AHA+ as the spot treatment but only after being on the normal regimen for a few months first.

If your acne is localized to a certain area of your face, and you never get breakouts anywhere else on your face, you can certainly just apply the treatment to the affected areas.

If you never get any acne on your nose or forehead areas, there's no reason to use bp there.

Dan, for instance, only has breakouts on his chin area, so he only applies the bp there.

I, however, do a full-face application since I have the tendency to get breakouts anywhere on my face.

If your acne is localized to a certain area of your face, and you never get breakouts anywhere else on your face, you can certainly just apply the treatment to the affected areas.

If you never get any acne on your nose or forehead areas, there's no reason to use bp there.

Dan, for instance, only has breakouts on his chin area, so he only applies the bp there.

I, however, do a full-face application since I have the tendency to get breakouts anywhere on my face.

Thanks Brandy! That was helpful. Starting today, I decided to apply just the repairing lotion from proactiv on affected area. I want a different brand, but I have to wait for this one to finish.