Notifications
Clear all

Giving Up On Retin-A Micro

MemberMember
(@myymmyym)

Posted : 03/29/2012 6:34 pm

It has been 2 months and 20 days since I started using RAM .04%. I have seen no improvement whatsoever. I was prescribed this due to my severely oily skin, blackheads, and mild acne. Every single pore on my nose and forehead is clogged. Oil oozes out of every pore about 15-20 minutes after I wash my face. I have to blot twice an hour.

Why am I quitting on RAM? Because it has made my oily skin WORSE. It has made my skin about 50% oilier than it used to be. I have been suffering with RAM for so long and I can't take it anymore. People always say it takes a while to work, but in my case I don't think it will. I've tried numerous things to combat my severe oily skin (VB5, Spearmint Tea, Black Tea, Benzoyl peroxide, Salicylic acid, Tea tree oil), but nothing works. I'm going to plead for Accutane on my next Dermatologist visit.

cry.gif

MemberMember
(@nathania)

Posted : 04/12/2012 10:13 am

I am also giving up on Retin-A micro. It's been three months and has only caused me scars. Althoug it heals acne for a while, it only comes back again after a week or so.

MemberMember
(@allisoncatherine)

Posted : 04/12/2012 1:45 pm

YMED, these retinoids can take up to 5-6 months to really show an 80-99% clarity in skin. I wouldn't give up on it just yet...accutane is just a stronger retinoid and its probably going to intensify the same effects you dislike before it makes them better....and again...with accutane, you have to be on it for 6 months to show results...so...its not like its going take less time. Since you're already 2 months in...I would just stick it out for a little bit longer....

MemberMember
(@fragilesong)

Posted : 12/08/2012 9:44 pm

Might be too late for this, but benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid, along with other topicals, drastically reduce the effectiveness of Retin-A.