Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryan Valmont

Red marks left even after not picking...

I picked at a spot along time ago and was left with a red mark,now i'm getting red marks right next to it even though i don't touch the new spots.

It's as if they just don't heal or something.

I made a post about this a while back. I've never had redmarks while clearing my acne in my life. Now all of a sudden i have one for every pimple i had. Someone said it is because of broken blood vessels underneath the skin trying to heal. Why they are broken? I don't know.

Yeah my face hasnt had an active pimple on it for like 2 weeks.. and yet looking at me(without my makeup on) you'd think I have like 10 zits. Its really annoying... but easy to cover up with concealer so I cant complain too much.

Oh my God, I totally know what you mean. It sucks when you're all proud of yourself for being clear, then you look at yourself in bright light without any makeup on and realize that it looks like you still have acne because of all the leftover redmarks. My problem is that I can't see all the redmarks in the lighting in my house, so I don't put concealer on them all.. Then I look in the mirror in the bathroom at work and look like hell.

Before talking about scars, a word about spots that may look like scars but are not scars in the sense that a permanent change has occurred. Even though they are not true scars and disappear in time, they are visible and can cause embarrassment.

Macules or "pseudo-scars" are flat, red or reddish spots that are the final stage of most inflamed acne lesions. After an inflamed acne lesion flattens, a macule may remain to "mark the spot" for up to 6 months. When the macule eventually disappears, no trace of it will remainâ€â€unlike a scar.

Post-inflammatory pigmentation is discoloration of the skin at the site of a healed or healing inflamed acne lesion. It occurs more frequently in darker-skinned people, but occasionally is seen in people with white skin. Early treatment by a dermatologist may minimize the development of post-inflammatory pigmentation. Some post-inflammatory pigmentation may persist for up to 18 months, especially with excessive sun exposure. Chemical peeling may hasten the disappearance of post-inflammatory pigmentation.