Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WeSuckYoungBlood

Red Marks : WHY DO THEY STAY.

A few months ago my pimples would come and go in 1-3 days, leaving no red mark whatsoever.

Then, one day I woke up with white bumps on my right cheek. I had never gotten these before, so I thought it might be something from my work (I work in Produce at a grocery store). Maybe I touched my face and some crazy pesticide got on my skin?

So I went to a doctor, she gave me bactrum. I thought, hey cool, these are gonna go away.

I took 2 months worth of the antibiotics, and the damned things turned into HUGE pimples!

They stayed for like 2 weeks! I was devastated. But then, they didn't go away.

3 months later, they're still there.

New acne comes, and REMAINS. It doesn't fade in 3 days like, ust 6 months ago, was happening.

I'm 20.

What the hell is going on? Why are my pimples not fading anymore? I don't understand what could make this change.

I am currently sprouting new facial hair. I was very premature at birth. Could this be an extremely late puberty?

a doc can check out your hormone levels which would point you in the right direction. i'd start there first to see what kind of acne you are dealing with. if it is hormonal perhaps there is something the doctor can prescibe to alleviate the breakouts.

what are you using currently, dan's regime? if no head has ever formed on the pimples possibly adding a mild chemical exfoliant will help open the pores and thus help the bp get in deeper to clear those babies out. sa is one good chemical exfoliant. there are lots other, lactic acid, glycolic, aha's etc. at any rate if you add a chemical exfoliant start off at a low dose maybe once a day or every other day till you skin can tolerate more, if more is needed. a cleanser with a chemical exfoliant is a good, gentle place to start.

or a moisturizer with a chemical exfoliant would probably help as well, the one dan recommends has aha's in it, eucerin skin renewal. the only thing with moisturizers is it is sometimes hard to find one that doesn't make you break out worse.

lots of threads also recommend apple cider vinegar. vinegar is acidic so it should also help to open the pores to get those zits going. 1/2 water 1/2 vinegar.

best of luck to you...

I've stopped using BP about a week and a half ago and started using Clean and Clear Advantage, which has actually helped the red marks.

But...new acne has come, and still remains red mark bullshit with no BP being used.

Are the red marks called hyperpigmentation? I've that problem too, I've been having acne for years and years and I never thought I could do anything about it until now. Apparently Retin-A can be used to treat it? Can it be bought over the counter or only from a doctor's prescription? What other ways are there of treating it?

Before talking about scars, a word about spots that may look like scars but are not scars in the sense that a permanent change has occurred. Even though they are not true scars and disappear in time, they are visible and can cause embarrassment.

Macules or "pseudo-scars" are flat, red or reddish spots that are the final stage of most inflamed acne lesions. After an inflamed acne lesion flattens, a macule may remain to "mark the spot" for up to 6 months. When the macule eventually disappears, no trace of it will remainâ€â€unlike a scar.

Post-inflammatory pigmentation is discoloration of the skin at the site of a healed or healing inflamed acne lesion. It occurs more frequently in darker-skinned people, but occasionally is seen in people with white skin. Early treatment by a dermatologist may minimize the development of post-inflammatory pigmentation. Some post-inflammatory pigmentation may persist for up to 18 months, especially with excessive sun exposure. Chemical peeling may hasten the disappearance of post-inflammatory pigmentation.

It looks to me that you are starting acne. Don't over stress yourself. Cause' that's a big no no...Just take it easy. I was in the same situation when I started acne. But, I started acne when I was 14...it got worse cause' I didn't have any knowlegde of my skin and I didn't have any resources such as this website. You should be lucky you found this website. Just relax!!