Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaftFrost

Anyone Else Here Had Stories With Little Kids?

Kids don't lie thats a fact. Have any one of you had stories of your acne around little kids?

Mine would be related to my hyper pigmentation. It's funny how they would go like what is that red dots on your face? I would just laugh and call it an allergy.

Ive had alot of bad experiences with kids, once i was at my friends birthday party, walking out of a building and a kid was walking by. He looked at me and asked me what all that stuff was on my face :/ And i had thought my skin was looking pretty nice..I'm glad you just laughed when they asked you, all i could do was quickly walk away and pretend i didn't hear him :P

My younger cousins used to point out that I had spots. They didn't really know any better so I used to let that slide. What bothered me the most was that they used to go on and on about it because their parents never explained what it was all about. They'd just act as if nothing had been said and it would all be awkward, making me feel like even more of an oddball. I guess that's the standard reaction from people who don't get it, they don't know what to say. If they'd taken the time to explain instead, that would have been that because once a child's curiosity is satisfied, they usually leave it alone.

Yup, theres this little kid in preschool in my school, her names Abigail. I walked into the class and all the kids were saying hi to me, but Abigail said "eww dont talk to her, she's nasty! She has that stuff on her face!" I was so sad after that :( I know she's only five and she doesn't really know any better, but it still hurt.

Yea once I was at work helping out a customer when I heard her kids ask her what was that all over my face. I was a little embarrassed but good thing nobody else was around to hear it

yep. it happened a few times and it wasnt the most pleasant thing to hear, but they are just kids:) the best is not to concentrate on that and dont take it too deep in your heart or try to explain them in a simple way :)

Lol, I have a year old niece and I remember when I started to break out a bit.. first it started with some big acne, just 2-3, not cystic though. I remember I had one on my nose, it was very noticeable... I remember she tried to touch it. lol.. since she knows I get zits.. she don't care anymore ^^

At least nobody in high school made fun of my acne, etc. It was pretty bad. Only one of friend and family used to comment my skin. I never had cystic or severe acne though.. I feel bad for those who has them 'cause people stare at it or kids ask questions about your skin. So frustrating.. I work at the warehouse which is great, but the light is right above me.. so my skin can be seen very clear. >_< but I could careless about them lol

Edited by EddieE

I'm a cashier at Walmart and the other day a lady and her little girl and boy came through my line. And as I was ringing her up, her little girl said why do you have bumps all over your face, the mom didn't know what to say she was like the same reason mommy has bumps on her face.... I just said I don't know why I have them but hopefully you won't have them when you get older.... It bothers me, but you have to think about it, it's only a little kid she didn't know any better...

Edited by Tworley08

Kids are just curious. I think they don't want bumps on their skin :X If kids ask question about skin, that means that they haven't see any other people with bad skin.. I do rarely see people here with acne. I've seen a few.

I've been working with kids since 2008/2009, and then my acne wasn't half as bad as it is now. The younger ones think I have a lot of freckles, but the 10 year-olds remind me everyday that I have acne, almost as if they forgot they told me the day before. It's very frustrating as I can't say we all have flaws, because they're sensitive and whatever I say that's controversial will go right back to the parents.

I work with kids and none of them have commented on my acne so far, nor has my two little cousins. A little girl did once ask one of my co-workers why she wore so much makeup though.

I was on vacation in Mexico last summer. EVERYONE would point out my skin. But the one that hurt the most was from my third cousin. He sad I was uglier than his brother (I thought I was having a good day, his brother? Bleh!) I sat in the car for the rest of the visit. I cried.

Another time was at my best friends birthday party. I was leaving and her cousin came up to me and said "Hi, my name is ______". I said hi back and continued talking to my friend. The girl then poked my leg and asked "Why is your face ugly?" I looked her in the eye and said "I'm not answering that." And I walked out of the house. And went home. And cried.

I'm in a child development class where he have to talk to kids. I hate going alone. I always wear heavy make up and take a friend. So far, nothing has happened, but I'm still afraid of them saying something.

My little cousin asked me did I have chicken pox, another asked me why I had loads of bumps and another why was I bleeding places on my face. (they were all around 4) Although 1 did ask why I had loads of spots and she was nearly 12 so I thought that that was horrific as she should have known not to say something like that :(

Ugh my boyfriend's son asked me why I had red spots on my face. It made me really sad. On the bright side he wasn't there and my acne is clearing up now.

a friends young sister asked me if i had chicken pox, looks like thats quite a common one! its not like she said it to be nasty, but its still upsetting!

One of my little cousins - she would have been about 6 at the time I think - asked why I had sores and mosquito bites on my face :P At the time it was a real kick to the self-esteem and I was upset but I didn't show it. I don't know what I said back... I remember her mum being all apologetic and embarrassed that it had been said but she was just a kid. It's to be expected. Just wish I'd had a cool reply :P The sweet thing though was that as they left my cousin said to me that she hoped they ('the sores and mosquito bites' hahah) got better :)

I have worked with kids for the past few years, and one time that sticks in my mind was during a particularly horrible cheek breakout when a 6 year-old boy asked 'What's that stuff all over your face?". I didn't know what to say, so then he asked, "Is it spots?". I said yes, and he was like "let's go play outside now". Lol, it was just pure curiosity and he wasn't judging me at all, which is why children are infinitely nicer than adults (despite their brutal honesty!). :)