Notifications
Clear all

My Successful Acne Scar Correction

MemberMember
(@rupert)

Posted : 03/26/2012 6:47 am

As an old time member (2004) just been back to have a look at the scar messageboard. Same old procedures, same 'ol, same 'ol.

My success has come from using Dermaflage. Last time I posted about Dermaflage (daphne back then), it wasn't met with much interest, which surprised me. I'm just going to now take a moment to explain why I believe the Dermaflage solution is way preferable to medical procedures (of which I have had many).

A scar replaces permanently damaged normal skin. Hence the expression, "scarred for life". Once that normal skin has gone and been replaced by a scar, then that normal skin is gone forever. Medical procedures whether it be fraxel, subcision, fillers etc attempt to do the impossible. i.e bring back the appearance of normal skin where there are now scars. Dermaflage works in a completely different way. Dermaflage adds new skin on top to give the appearance of perfect, smooth skin. This is of course with a good application and there is a learning curve with the product to get to that point.

Anyway, only posting as it might help somebody reading this.

I've also just set up my own guide to the product at

http://www.dermaflage-my-guide.me.uk/

Had a few questions as to why I have made my own mini guide. I do it cos I want the product to continue to be a success. If it isn't a commercial success, it will cease to exist and that will then leave me screwed for a decent scar solution.

MemberMember
(@under-the-radar)

Posted : 03/26/2012 7:35 am

Hi Rupert, thanks for the info.

I think this may be a good option for people with just one or two scars they are trying to hide, but for others with a multitude of problem areas it may be a bit more difficult.

It would be great if the product lasted for a much longer time when applied to the skin, so having to do it daily may become quite tedious.

But always nice to hear of things which may be working for some people.

All the best Rupert!

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 03/26/2012 11:21 am

It's like silicon scar sheet. I tried it for 7 months to remove my indented scars...I placed sheets on my scars every night...

every morning my scars look okay and better...but within an hour they go back to normal indented scars...my scars are not so deep....

but thank you for sharing it...good it works for you...

MemberMember
(@rupert)

Posted : 03/26/2012 11:32 am

I think this may be a good option for people with just one or two scars they are trying to hide, but for others with a multitude of problem areas it may be a bit more difficult.

It would be great if the product lasted for a much longer time when applied to the skin, so having to do it daily may become quite tedious.

All the best Rupert!

Well, I do use it for just the worse scars, the others I just leave. I realised that as long as I got a very nice correction of the worst scars, then I'm happy to leave the smaller ones. Nobody would ever notice them anyway. I couldn't correct every scar on my face, it would take far too long.

As for how long dermaflage lasts. I did an application Saturday morning 10am and it is still looking good Monday 5.30pm (now). So u can get a fair bit more out of it than a day (assuming good application). I never spend more than 30-40 minutes doing applications.

MemberMember
(@jacno)

Posted : 03/30/2012 5:06 pm

All the best Rupert!

Well, I do use it for just the worse scars, the others I just leave. I realised that as long as I got a very nice correction of the worst scars, then I'm happy to leave the smaller ones. Nobody would ever notice them anyway. I couldn't correct every scar on my face, it would take far too long.

As for how long dermaflage lasts. I did an application Saturday morning 10am and it is still looking good Monday 5.30pm (now). So u can get a fair bit more out of it than a day (assuming good application). I never spend more than 30-40 minutes doing applications.

You mean u can wash ur face and itll still stay on? Does it clog ur pores?

MemberMember
(@rupert)

Posted : 03/31/2012 8:52 am

yes u can wash your face with no worry, it does not cause any peeling. I would say yes it does clog your pores. The skin can't breath under the silicone. I get the occasional spot. However if you are someone who would be happy using slicone sheets then there would be no difference using dermaflage.

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 04/03/2012 12:54 am

Rupert was a member here before he ever tried it, he is being honest I believe that he does use this product daily. I tried the product a second time after it changed to dermaflage and not daphne and I think there was a little improvement to it didn't look as shiny to me as before. But I still can't get it to look right on my scars, maybe one or two small ones I can play with it and make them look good, but so much work and time to get it done. I can see how this would work great for small ice pick scars. I don't think people should dismiss this option, if it had worked better for my scars I would definitely have forgotten any more treatments and just used it like Rupert.

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 04/03/2012 11:31 am

some company or people create their account, keep them for a while...and after a few months or years later, the company starts advertising their products using the account... it's very common trick...especially in review site like city search...so i guess it doesn't matter how long Rupert was the org member...

i am not saying he is promoting his products either...but this product clogs your pores...so I can't use it... glad he is happy with this product and it works for his scars...

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 04/03/2012 10:23 pm

I get what you are saying but he has been a member since 2004, daphne didn't exist until, possibly 2009? can't recall. So he can't be a plant because he was already here five years before it was made discussing all the various treatments he had done for his scars. I've been here forever too, so I remember. The dermaflage didn't clog my pores, whereas things like tinted moisturizes will. I just think it may work easier for men than women as women apply makeup and it doesn't go so well with this product. And maybe my scars are too wide and not deep enough for this stuff to work.

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 04/04/2012 11:06 am

wish there are some products or treatments work on my scars..=( Mines are shallow but wide area on my cheeks...and I hate waring make up because it makes look worse...

MemberMember
(@under-the-radar)

Posted : 04/06/2012 10:03 am

Why should it matter if it's a sales pitch anyways. If the product can help some people out there with their problems and their way of life then it is fine.

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 04/06/2012 11:16 pm

Yes, people either like it or they don't. But in the future if I find something that works really well for me, I may act as Rupert and come and give a glowing review that sounds like spam. Honestly, I think he uses and likes the product. There's no proof he's making money off his reviews, so I give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not.

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 04/07/2012 9:38 am

well...it's matter to some people and matter to me...in my view, i really hate when some companies, derms, spas, PS clinics, shops advertising themselves in forums or review sites...act like a customer or a consumer...

a few years ago, i trusted some excellent reviews spa on city search...it said the doctor specialized acne, and acne scar treatment...

...i was desperate and depressed about my acne, so i went to the spa to treat my acne...but it was the worst mistake i've made...her treatment was really aggressive and left some scars on my cheeks...she promised me her treatment will never leave scars and i will be okay...i was so upset...after a month later, i decided to leave my honest review on city search..but funny thing is that it got deleted from the site within a few days...i was shocked...then a few days later, i saw a few new negative reviews about her aggressive acne treatment again, but they also got deleted...and 8 more positive reviews were added instead...

after this experience I never trust city search..!!!

i come here a lot to get other opinions and read people's honest experiences and i share mines...and if there are a lot of f scams or adversing posts in this forum, then this board won't be reliable and helpful...

but again...i am not sure Rupert is the one of them. but we always need to be careful and research a lot before you do anything with any doctors or products...because you never know..!

MemberMember
(@frax1)

Posted : 04/09/2012 5:07 am

Rupert, I believe you mentioned some time ago that you had Isolagen treatments. Could you please tell us a little bit about your success with it? Thank you!

MemberMember
(@crzykitteh)

Posted : 04/10/2012 8:29 am

I was suckered into getting dermaflage. Its too expensive considering their learning curve and when you do get it "right" you can still see the edges and it never stays on more than a day. What a great idea and what a waste.

MemberMember
(@rupert)

Posted : 04/12/2012 5:25 am

This paragraph in particular looks sketchy to me

A scar replaces permanently damaged normal skin. Hence the expression, "scarred for life". Once that normal skin has gone and been replaced by a scar, then that normal skin is gone forever. Medical procedures whether it be fraxel, subcision, fillers etc attempt to do the impossible. i.e bring back the appearance of normal skin where there are now scars. Dermaflage works in a completely different way. Dermaflage adds new skin on top to give the appearance of perfect, smooth skin. This is of course with a good application and there is a learning curve with the product to get to that point.

Sounds like a fugging sales pitch, slating proven procedures and bigging up their own.

I am not a sales person or involved in any marketing for Dermaflage, however I don't care if you think I am. Makes no odds to me. Nope.avi - please do go and try your "proven procedures" eusa_whistle.gif

Tricia - about the shininess. Take a look at the skin on your hand closely. You notice that it is made up of like small triangles. Now look at the texture on the pad. You will notice it is the same. If you can get that texture onto the silicone there will be no shininess. I still use the old daphne pads as I thought they did a better job. I did buy about 90 of them though, so plenty left.

Frax1 - isolagen isn't available anymore, it went bust. It took some of the indentation out but nowhere near enough to call it a successful treatment. Like all medical treatments, you think the results are good at first due to microswelling. Once that has completely subsided, you aren't half as positive about the results. Always wanting more improvement.

Anyway, I'll leave this thread now, as it appears to have descended into nothing else but accusing me of spamming. Anyone who is interested, you can google dermaflage of course. As soon as I used it I saw the potential of the product. Takes a good while to learn how to use it successfully though.

My advice. And I am entitled to my opinion. Don't bother with the medical procedures. Your scars will still be there to see. Roll on regenerative medicine for acne scars.

MemberMember
(@frax1)

Posted : 04/12/2012 8:45 am

Frax1 - isolagen isn't available anymore, it went bust. It took some of the indentation out but nowhere near enough to call it a successful treatment. Like all medical treatments, you think the results are good at first due to microswelling. Once that has completely subsided, you aren't half as positive about the results. Always wanting more improvement.

Isolagen has been "revived" under the brand name LaVive in the US. Since I had good results from subcision I was thinking to add LaVive to my treatments. But considering the low improvement you experienced, I am not sure if LaVive is a good option.

MemberMember
(@rupert)

Posted : 04/12/2012 2:07 pm

on the contrary, I do think that isolagen is something worth a shot if u are rich.

I personally think that subcisions followed by isolagen and keep repeating cycle will eventually give good results.But when i say u need cash I mean it. Not just pay out $5k once and think that will be enough. If u can splash out $10k a year on isolagen I think after a year or two you will have some decent improvements. Basically subcision, then isolagen, wait 6 months, subcision, followed by isolagen again.

1 big plus of isolagen - u won't have allergic reaction, it's your own skin cells. Not like the evolence breeze I still have stuck in my face.

BTW, i googled this LaVive and can't see anything on it in Google....

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 04/13/2012 5:38 am

I could be interested in this but it looks like a lot of faffing around with all the different nozzles and mixing up of stuff. I noticed on their website that they actually do an acne scar correction kit which could be interesting but the UK site doesn't stock this and shipping to the UK would be too expensive from their site. I looked at your site Rupert but i found the photos a little small to see your results properly, if you could make the photos enlargeable that might be better.

MemberMember
(@rupert)

Posted : 04/14/2012 7:08 am

justmeuk - I think the key difference as to why I get good results with dermaflage and so many others don't is because I don't apply it word for word as per the creators instructions. One big difference is that I do not use the nozzle, that is in my opinion a big waste of silicone. Applying small amount with my finger tips up close to a makeup mirror is the only way I could get it accurate.

Even if your first application is a disaster I would have thought the average acne scar user will straight away see the potential and therefore focus in on modifying the procedure for success. You know, use some initiative. There is a forum there to discuss the product.

Anyway, hope u are well Jusme. It must be 8 years since we had isolagen. Time flies eh? I am not actually hanging around a scar forum looking for scar solutions. I found my solution and it has changed my life. I'm here on the scar forum to try and show other people how it could be their solution as well. There is another reason as well. I want it to be a commercial success. If it isn't, the product gets pulled, then I don't have my scar solution.

As for the messing around u mention with dermaflage, I'll gladly mess around for 30 - 40 minutes every 2-3 days to have smooth skin ;)

MemberMember
(@frax1)

Posted : 04/15/2012 9:53 am

Rupert, I misspelled LaViv, you find more information in this website: http://mylaviv.com/ and here: http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/CellularGeneTherapyProducts/ApprovedProducts/ucm260485.htm

In particular I found this presentation interesting: http://extras.newswire.ca//canaccordgenuity/20111206/fibrocell_.pdf (picture gallery at the end).

They do not state the price for the treatment, but it looks to be around US $ 5,000 (for 3 treatments).

MemberMember
(@rupert)

Posted : 04/15/2012 1:30 pm

frax1 - I do not know the concentration of the laviv so do not know wether it is cheaper now or not. It is certainly my belief that cycling subcision with fibroplast injections will most certainly lead to improvement in scarring. I would envisage a fair few subcisions though and a goodly amount of lavive injections.

The reason why isolagen went bust, is that even though to the consumer it seemed very expensive, the company was actually running at a loss as the technology from their point of view was very expensive. On top of this, plenty women getting small lines corrected experienced no results and sued for their money back. I mean, they had just spent 4k for nothing. The business wasn't breaking even and liquidated itself. My cells were left frozen for 18 months, eventually destroyed.

I think fibroplast injections are more effective for scarring than wrinkles.

If budget and time aren't a so much of a consideration to you, then I think a 24 month intensive treatment of subcision and fibroplast injections, could work out for you. You can always take comfort in that route is very little risk. fibroplast injections - low risk procedure. very low risk in fact compared to others.

MemberMember
(@frax1)

Posted : 04/15/2012 1:57 pm

Rupert, it seems that you have very good knowledge of Isolagen and subcision. I already had a five subcisions by the way and I am happy with the results.

Do you believe it is possible to have subcision and Isolagen / Laviv injected the same day?

Do you know, for how long the fibroblasts can be stored (in case one needs more time between treatments)?

MemberMember
(@rupert)

Posted : 04/16/2012 3:39 pm

frax 1 - if you don't mind me asking, if you are happy with the subcision results, how come u are looking into more treatments? i.e. fibroplast injections?

As for having laviv and subcision the same day, your question surprises me a little. You will know having had subcision that your cheeks swell up with blood like a hamster on the day. If you were to have a filler on the same day after the subcision, on injection, the pressure would be such that the filler would just squirt out of the injection holes. Makes sense and that is what my plastic surgeon told me.

I sometimes hear about people having fillers and subcision on the same day but do not know how this is possible. Or if it does in fact even happen.

Anyway, to answer your question. You'd wait until 3 weeks after the subcision to have your fibroplast injections. The swelling will have gone down by then, but the skin will not have had a chance to reattach itself to the fibrous scarring it has been released from.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, we've been getting a little off topic here. This thread was about dermaflage, which to my surprise has little to no interest from anybody. It didn't the last time I was here either. People of course fail with dermaflage and many sadly give up, when they were closer than they thought they were to mastering it. Thought I'd list a couple of the most common problems.

1) Too much filler. Easy one to correct, with practise you'll know how much to use. Mix it on a plate with a spatula. Don't use the nozzle. I think it is impossible to be accurate with the nozzle for acne scars.

2) Shiny - doesn't look like skin. It will look like perfect skin if u master the pad. You need that texture from the pad on the silicone, otherwise it will look shiny. if u can get any of the old daphne pads. Great. Thats my preference. i've got 80 of them. Apply the pad quickly after silicone applied. Leaving it too long means no imprint will happen, i.e. shiny silicone on face. Also take great care when taking the pad off. You do not want to lift any silicone off. I take off the pad real slowly with my face up close to a beauty mirror. I take the pad off with the same caution as if I was cutting the wire on a bomb.

let's discuss dermaflage tips!!!!!

MemberMember
(@el_loco)

Posted : 04/16/2012 7:40 pm

hey Rupert, man I'm very interested in trying Dermaflage. It is very pricey though so I was wondering: how often do you need to get refills? From your pictures it seems like I would have to use it on the same area, only on both cheeks. Also, my temples.

Also, I have my acne under control but I do need to use Dan's BP and cleanser in order to keep it at bay. Do you have any idea if this would affect at all? (I'm saying using BP and cleanser before applying and after removing Dermaflage)?

Thanks for bringing this product to my attention, I am this close to ordering it myself to see how it works!