Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SunshineKenzi

New Beginning After Accutane Failure

I took Accutane for 7 months and after chapped lips, back pain and dry skin..., everywhere it completely cleared all my acne including the blackheads that covered my nose and chin. After I was done taking Accutane I stayed clear for about 3-4 months..., then I started to get a pimple..., then another and another. My face isn't as bad as it was before Accutance but I still have a unattractive amount of acne. I am the 1% that Accutane didn't work for, joy. I always knew I had unique skin because I had my first pimple in 3rd grade and had a whole face full in 4th grade. It didn't bug me a bunch because they were tiny but it seemed like each year it bothered me more because the pimples got larger and more painful. It is disappointing that Accutane didn't work because it is supposed to be the miracle cure, but I'm not going to stop trying to cure my acne until it is GONE. So, I'm trying a new method which is a birth control called ortho-tri-cylrn lo tabs. Hopefully this will end my search for my cure :] Farewell and good luck to all of you!

I pretty much had the exact same experience as you, starting in 4th grade and breaking out 3-4 months after accutane. I'm now doing a second course of accutane because its apparently more promising if the first course didn't completely do the trick. Especially since ours started at such a young age, I'm not surprised that it requires more a few extra kicks. Have you considered taking accutane again? I would bring it up to your derm if the birth control approach doesn't do the trick. But I hope it does help! Best wishes