Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
collegestudent05

Update - 9 months after I started the regimen

I'm putting up this post because I think it is rare that people who have seen succcess from the regimen come back and peruse the boards. It's understandable that people who have found the answer to their problem are no longer looking for another solution, but I realize that it can be frustrating to have a lack of "veterans," so to speak, to offer a glimpse into the future and to provide optimism to those starting out. Basically, I've been on the regimen since January '04, and I've only stopped it for about a week and a half when I tried Botchla's. Botchla's was terrible for me; I had worse skin than I'd probably had in the previous 2 years, but strangely enough when I stopped doing Botchla's and started the regimen back up again, the Regimen worked for me better than it had ever worked before. Hmm.

Anyway, I would say that I am about 95 % clear, with one pimple that is on its way out. The only things that the regimen hasn't been fully able to help out with for me are those annoying little fleshy bumps around my chin...it has shrunk most of them down to a really small size and basically they are invisible, but I can still feel them. They are the most stubborn lesions (I don't know if I would necessarily refer to them as acne) I have ever had. Most importantly for me though, is the fact that acne is now the LAST thing that I think about during the course of the day. It used to be the first thing I thought about when I woke up, and the last thing I thought about when I went to sleep. I used to look forward to the end of the day, all day long, in the hopes that my skin would look better the next day. I hate to sound like an infomercial here, but there's no real way to mince words: the regimen has given me my life back. Seriously. The issue of "clear skin" has pretty much evaporated from my consciousness, and I'm antibiotic-free.

The point of all of this is: if you are unsure about the regimen, or are a bit skeptical, do yourself a favor and give it a try. Honestly--I'm a skeptical bastard and it took me about a year after stumbling onto the website to actually give an "internet cure" a try. A year of unsatisfied expectations from other acne products like Retin-A, tetracycline, and even more. The idea of trying something that you randomly found on the internet is almost preposterous--but I can assure you, in this case, it is not. Good luck and when I hit the one year mark I'll try to post a follow-up.

Thank you so much for your post. I am new to the regimen (3 weeks), and this whole acne thing has been quite a struggle for me. I've now had five days in a row of improvement, so I hope that's a sign that I'm on the right course. I've been on many medications (including Accutane around 5 years ago), and the last few months have been the worst of my life (I am 24). Anyhow, your post was encouraging to read. Thanks for taking the time to write. I hope it works for me!