Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shotgunsilence

how can i fade or get rid of red marks?

as usual, i couldn't help myself. i had a really bad blackhead underneath my nose, but to the left and it was developing into a spot so i thought i'd 'help' the process by squeezing it. unfortunately, it didn't all come out so i kept squeezing and squeezing. it was bleeding. i decided to leave it. dabbed on some tee tree oil and went to bed. the next morning i had a wound about the size of a 5 pence coin. it was all red and weeping. i've done this before and the scar is still there, although it has faded a little after a few years.

back to what i was originally saying...a week or so later, i'm now left with a hideous red mark which i know will probably be a scar forever now.

can anyone recommend something i can put on it to maybe fade the scar and take away the redness of it? (not make up)

thanks a lot.

lisa xxx

: How can I get rid of my red marks / hyperpigmentation / brown marks / dark marks?

A: There are several different approaches to help this process. You may have to experiment to find which works best for you. The effectiveness of these treatments varies and they may have to be used in conjunction with other treatments for best results:

Prescription approach:

* Generally recommended: A Retinoid (i.e. Retin-A) & Hydroquinone*

Non-prescription approaches:

· The tape method of exfoliation

· The vinegar method of exfoliation

. Apply an Alpha Hydroxy Acid peel (i.e. Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid, TCA, etc.)

· Apply a Beta-Hydroxy Acid solution

· Vita-K for Blotchy Skin

. Mandelic Acid Serum