Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Albow

What Is This?

post-166187-0-34124500-1332335340_thumb.

post-166187-0-75014200-1332335404_thumb.

Is this pih? Or is there permanent scarring?

If it is pih, will isotrex 0.05% gel applied once a day help and how long will it take?

Thanks.

post-166187-0-34124500-1332335340_thumb.

post-166187-0-75014200-1332335404_thumb.

i have almost the same marks and i am hoping its not permanent scarring either, i have been using manuka honey and it has been helping a lot

I tried different glycolic acid products and saw no improvement. I heard that isotrex has exfoliating benefits so kinda hoping it will help.

Good luck with the manuka honey, could be next on my list!

To anyone reading we would appreciate knowing if it is pih or something worse. eusa_think.gif

Definitely looks like PIH, pretty similar to mine. If it's smooth it's not scarring. But it would help to know how long you've had the spots. If they're still relatively new you shouldn't worry about not seeing improvement yet, it can take a lot of time + the right products. Also keep in mind they won't start fading until you stop breaking out. Maybe you've already stopped breaking out I was just throwing that in there in case you didn't know.

Edited by seroyal223

Definitely looks like PIH, pretty similar to mine. If it's smooth it's not scarring. But it would help to know how long you've had the spots. If they're still relatively new you shouldn't worry about not seeing improvement yet, it can take a lot of time + the right products. Also keep in mind they won't start fading until you stop breaking out. Maybe you've already stopped breaking out I was just throwing that in there in case you didn't know.

what are talking about if its smooth its not scarring my cheeks are covered with pih and some scars which are closing up thank god, my face is smooth but has scars

It is smooth to the touch but in the photo it doesn't look smooth and they vary, i've had some for months and some or over a year.

And there is some active acne but that has only appeared since the recent change to isotrex.

what are talking about if its smooth its not scarring my cheeks are covered with pih and some scars which are closing up thank god, my face is smooth but has scars

Well you can have minor scarring but it can still feel smooth. I have like 3 very minor scars on my face but they're so shallow/small that you can't feel them. Point is if your face overall feels smooth to the touch then you're in good shape, the spots will go away.

It is smooth to the touch but in the photo it doesn't look smooth and they vary, i've had some for months and some or over a year.

And there is some active acne but that has only appeared since the recent change to isotrex.

Months is nothing to worry about, especially if you haven't been doing that much to speed up the renewal process. PIH spots can technically take even a couple of years to fade depending on how bad they are so you shouldn't worry about yours being permanent, and I'm sure there's products/procedures that would help you fade them faster.