Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I've had annoying eczema on my thights and other places for a very long time. It makes me so self conscious. My boyfriend said it was cause im stressed and that natural changes to my diet and other natural remedies can clear me up 80%. He sent me this article to prove his point but i'm still not sure.

http://understanding-health.net/comfort-in-your-own-skin-how-to-naturally-cure-eczema/

It says vitamin e to the skin can help? also zinc? and... tomato juice? He swears it works for his aunt but i'm skeptical. If natural methods can cure, how come dermatologists make so much money? Shouldn't I try to do both? I just don't have good health insurance, arg.

Coconut oil is amazing for eczema. I work at a hair salon and whenever I get hair color on my hands I break out with eczema on them. Coconut oil clears them up in a few days, it is anti fungal and antibacterial too.

If natural methods can cure, how come dermatologists make so much money?

Because that's how our horrible 'health' care system works. It's based on drugs that treat symptoms and they don't know anything about nutrition except a vague idea that diet and exercise are 'good.' But here, you need this drug with all these side effects.

And because most people are lazy and just want to take a pill. And because they have little idea of how incredibly bad our diets and lifestyles have become. And they have no idea what moderation means.

ive had it before it wasnt very bad though and it just went away for whatever reason, its possible he could be right, just give it a shot and find out, what is there really to lose? he is either right or he is wrong so find out by testing it.

If natural methods can cure, how come dermatologists make so much money?

Because that's how our horrible 'health' care system works. It's based on drugs that treat symptoms and they don't know anything about nutrition except a vague idea that diet and exercise are 'good.' But here, you need this drug with all these side effects.

And because most people are lazy and just want to take a pill. And because they have little idea of how incredibly bad our diets and lifestyles have become. And they have no idea what moderation means.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

They frequently discover the drug or other treatment they were so sure was the best treatment for years really isn't. OR that it doesn't even work they way they thought it did. They recently discovered that statins helped with heart disease not by inhibiting the enzyme needed for your body to make cholesterol (along with other important things), but by being anti-inflammatory. And that's part of the reason for the new TV ads suggesting everyone take it as a preventative. They put my mother on it even though her lipid profile is quite good, by the average doctor's standards i.e. total and LDL cholesterol numbers. and by standards that actually mean something.

But, there are other anti-inflammatories that don't cause harm. Nutrients for example. And there's avoiding inflammation in the form of inflammatory foods, stress and pollutants.

Another example:

For a few decades they've considered arsenic poisoning the necessary treatment for heartworms. And that involves keeping the dog subdued for 2 months while the worms die to keep the heart rate down in case the dead worms clump in the heart or important artery. They just took it off the market this past fall.

Edited by alternativista