Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dermabrasion And Accutane/doxycycline

I've been browsing these forums for a while now and thought I'd give it a shot!

Anyways, I took a round of accutane and knew I would have to wait at least a year to try out the derma roller, derma stamp, etc. After 6 months without accutane, I've been prescribed some doxycycline (didn't want to continue accutane) for my acne. My question is, does it matter if you perform any dermabrasion while on doxycycline or shorty after? I wouldn't want to have to wait another year or something like that for doxycycline. If that was the case I'd probably just tough it out. So is it ok to take doxycycline in the hopes I can perform some dermabrasion soon after a round of doxycyline?

Oh well like I said I'm new to this. I thought dermabrasion referred to any sort of needling technique that would help scars. Anyway my plans were to solely to use the derma roller after a year of accutane, and like i said I've been prescribed doxy and wouldn't want to have to wait another year because of doxy, just like you need to wait a year for accutane to perform any needling technique.

As far as i'm aware being on doxy is fine for any treatments as it doesn't thin the skin like accutane does. I'm in the UK and we only have to wait six months after finishing accutane for needling here. I've been told that if you have needling done after six months you will just suffer a bit more immediate redness but waiting a year isn't necessary.

Oh well like I said I'm new to this. I thought dermabrasion referred to any sort of needling technique that would help scars. Anyway my plans were to solely to use the derma roller after a year of accutane, and like i said I've been prescribed doxy and wouldn't want to have to wait another year because of doxy, just like you need to wait a year for accutane to perform any needling technique.

No, dermabrasion is a very invasive procedure that sands off many layers of skin. It's a big deal. You could probably roll at 6 months ('m not sure) but I wouldn't be invasive with it (no blood). Honestly, I'd wait a year. But yeah, you can roll on doxy.