Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kingkong5583

Finally I'm On Accutane!

Hello everyone, I'm an 18 yo male currently on Accutane. After a REALLY long process I'm finally on Accutane. I had to get the blood tests done three weeks ago and then I was told by my insurance company that they could not pay for it due to the fact that I needed to fail more antibiotics. So I decided to pay for it out of pocket, wasn't as expensive as i thought it would be though. I'm currently on 20mg a day and have been on it since March 12(last monday). So it's been a week already and as of yesterday I'm starting to get the side effects which have only been dry lips and dry skin.

Hope it goes well for you! Your skin will more than likely get really bad before it gets better. Bare with it.

Thanks! Yeah I'm still hoping I don't get that dreaded initial breakout, but I can deal with it. Around 85% of my acne is red marks, I have them on my neck and cheeks really bad. I'm also hoping it will clear up my chest and bacne, I've been breaking out really bad lately in both those areas, especially chest.

Day 10

Today was pretty much the same, skin still gets really dry especially after I take a bath and lips are less dry than yesterday and Monday but they're still dry nonetheless. Still breaking out on my left cheek, my right cheek hasn't broken out in a while and I hope it can continue this way, I have lots of red marks there. My neck is completely clear and polluded with red marks. Forehead has a few pimples but there nothing serious at all. It feels like i'm going to breakout in my chin but those pimples never really develop. Before taking Accutane my skin was sooooo oily, I hated it! I really love the fact that my skin and hair are now dry for pretty much the entire day.

Guest *Spiro*

Hey Kingkong!

Sounds to me that we are on the same time line. I am on day 14, but I am on 40MG a day. My initial breakout started about 4 or 5 days ago. A couple new actives a day and a few white heads seem to pop up every morning. These actives are different than any other ones I have had pre accutane. These guys feel like they are rooted into my skull. So deep its insane. I have also noticed that I am starting to dry out in my t zone. cheeks and forehead haven't dried out though. Overall though my skin feels smoother in the places that I am not breaking out. Also my makeup seems to be going on a lot smoother and I look more even toned.

Maybe we can be tane buddies since we started around the same time. I also have started a log if you wanted to follow me. I will check back in and see how you are doing! Keep us updated! Best of luck to you wink.png

Hey Kingkong!

Sounds to me that we are on the same time line. I am on day 14, but I am on 40MG a day. My initial breakout started about 4 or 5 days ago. A couple new actives a day and a few white heads seem to pop up every morning. These actives are different than any other ones I have had pre accutane. These guys feel like they are rooted into my skull. So deep its insane. I have also noticed that I am starting to dry out in my t zone. cheeks and forehead haven't dried out though. Overall though my skin feels smoother in the places that I am not breaking out. Also my makeup seems to be going on a lot smoother and I look more even toned.

Maybe we can be tane buddies since we started around the same time. I also have started a log if you wanted to follow me. I will check back in and see how you are doing! Keep us updated! Best of luck to you wink.png

Today was my 15th day and i'm still breaking out with some minor pimples definitely not as much as I used to before accutane. The area that's really the dries for me is my chin and the area around my lips. My cheeks really aren't dry ever, before accutane however, my face was so oily you could fry food on it. It's kind of awesome not having greasy hair and oily skin all the time. My lips are still very dry to the point where I have to have chapstick with me at all time, it's mostly just my lower lip though. I was told by a friend who also took it that the first two weeks are very bad and then immediately afterwards it progressively just gets better. I drank a four loko yesterday and that was enough for me lol. I was told not to drink while on this medication and will definitely not make that mistake again.

We can definitely be tane buddies hehe :) and I'll be following your log as well. Hopefully we can both get clear soon and not have to worry about stupid stubborn acne. Best of luck to you too!

Guest *Spiro*

Hey Kingkong!

Today was my 15th day and i'm still breaking out with some minor pimples definitely not as much as I used to before accutane. The area that's really the dries for me is my chin and the area around my lips. My cheeks really aren't dry ever, before accutane however, my face was so oily you could fry food on it. It's kind of awesome not having greasy hair and oily skin all the time. My lips are still very dry to the point where I have to have chapstick with me at all time, it's mostly just my lower lip though. I was told by a friend who also took it that the first two weeks are very bad and then immediately afterwards it progressively just gets better. I drank a four loko yesterday and that was enough for me lol. I was told not to drink while on this medication and will definitely not make that mistake again.

We can definitely be tane buddies hehe :) and I'll be following your log as well. Hopefully we can both get clear soon and not have to worry about stupid stubborn acne. Best of luck to you too!

Woo Hoo for tame buddies. We're only a day apart then. Your taking 40 mg too right?

I'm going to be doing some drinking next weekend with some friends, I'm going to try not to drink to much. I need to test the waters with the booze. I don't want to feel like death afterwards :/. Did you find you got drunk faster or your hangover was worse. Or was it both? My doctor told me to avoid excess amounts of booze. So I left assuming a few drinks here and there is okay. I'll experiment with that next weekend.

It's become a habit in the past couple weeks to bring a tube of auqaphor everywhere with me. I'm trying to stay on top of the side effects. If that makes sense. Sexiness is only a few months away right! ;)