Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Read the info posted on the bulletin board or search under B5. There's bound to be lot of info out there. I read about B5 but I forgot the exact dosage to take daily. I think you take it more than once per day. Just check out the boards.

Clinac O.C. Its and OTC cream/lotion that can control oil. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being great) I would give it a 6.5-7. I havnt used it in a while (not oily anymore) but when I did it would help a good bit. You can apply the stuff 3 times a day I only used it once so maybe I would give it a better rating if used more.

I didn't like that Clinac OC stuff very much.. I used it recently for the first time in a while, and it's kind of slimey. It's hard for me to comprehend how something slimey can absorb oil. There is a prescription version called Clinac BPO with like 7.5% BP.. It worked a lot better as far as controlling oil, but the 7.5% BP killed my skin. I looked like I had a sunburn for the entire three months that I used it (which was November through January - def not a time to have a sunburn!).

As for B5 - yucky memories of gulping down lots of nasty tasting pills all day. Not at all fun. My stomach gets upset thinking about it!

If you're female, I highly recommend Spiro. Also, as I mentioned in another post, there's this stuff called Sebasorb made by Summers Labs, which is the best mattifier I've found. And I've tried them all! It's pretty cheap too. smile.gif

I don't know if people have posted about it here yet but I follow Paula Begeouin's advice and use Milk of Magnesia... It's awesome.. I put it on every night on my t zone after cleansing for about 10 to 15 minutes and it sucks any once of oil left on your face and if you have a pimple ready to burst it helps breaking it out without having to pop it... the cool thing about it too is when it dries, it gives you an idea of what it would be to have a full face of Botox done smile.gif

Seriously give it a try, it's dirt cheap. I couldn't find plain ol' Milk of Magnesia so I got Phillips liquid in your drugstore.... just make sure it's unflavored. it cost me $5 CAD and it'll last me forever.

when the 15 mins are done.. just rinse it off with warm water and I usually take a teeny bit of my cleanser and emulsify it where it was to make sure it's all remaoved including the oil it sucked out.

Jay