Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lucyx3

The Regimen Is Amazing! Thank You Dan!

I'm new to the message boards and not sure if this is the appropriate area to share my thoughts. I just want to say what a huge difference the regimen has made for me... I'm 22, I've had acne for about 10 years, pretty much everything from blackheads to cystic acne on occasion, but was always regularly broken out to the point where I couldn't even quantify how many pimples I had to fairly evaluate any new treatment. I've also been an obsessive skin picker for as long as I can remember. I've tried accutane and several OTC options but nothing ever worked.

Needless to say I was skeptical about the regimen but thought it couldn't hurt. I'm applying to grad school this fall and would like to have clear skin when I start networking and interviewing. I went for it, and I've been on it for about 10 weeks. I did have an initial break out with a couple of cysts and a lot of whiteheads but I found that they still healed more quickly than I was used to. My skin really cleared up about 4 weeks ago and now I'm just dealing with some dryness. Unfortunately dans moisturizer really doesn't help my skin much, so I use jojoba oil before BP. I also use Neutrogena healthy skin lotion for the day and I use Eucerin night cream before bed. It astounds me how clear my skin has become!!!! I do still pick occasionally, but I can see such a huge difference in number of pimples and the faster healing time have made it easier for me to cut down on picking. If you're thinking about trying the regimen I hope you will! I wish I had tried this years ago....while I hate all of the scars on my skin I'm actually sort of glad to see them....they're no longer covered by new pimples!

Thanks for posting this! I'm on the regimen for the first time, too, but the difference is I'm only eight days in. It's encouraging to hear your success story; I hope it works as well for me!

Awesome. I'm glad things are going well. As far as the moisturizer is concerned, you need to be generous with it. Use a full two pumps for your face. Don't be shy with it.