Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheDKRLover

Introducing Toning Into The Daniel Kern Regimen?

Has anyone attempted to add toning into the Daniel Kern regimen to make their own sort of regimen? Recently I've given up all non-natural products besides the Daniel Kern benzoyl peroxide (I could NEVER abandon it) and I've been hearing a LOT about the benefits of toning.

Anyone tried this?

i've always used a toner way before the regimen and then when i started the regimen i was skeptical about not toning because i know my skin needs it. otherwise i get little plugs of sebum i guess. so when i first started i tried without the toner and hated the texture of my skin so i've been toning ever since. just make sure if you're going to tone that you're using an alcohol free toner or it's going to do the opposite of what you want it to do. i use L'Oreal hydra fresh.. it's ok. but i'm currently on the look out for something a little better. it's tough to find an alcohol free toner.

I use the Obagi C RX C-Balancing Toner with the DKR regimen and love it. It's got witch hazel, vitamin c and hydroquinone to help with hyperpigmentation. It also balances the skins pH. I can't imagine doing the regimen without a toner.

For both of you who said you use a toner on the regimen - when do you use it (at what step in the process)? I'm assuming it is immediately following cleansing but before benzoyl peroxide. Could you outline for me how you go about doing all of this?

I'm an all natural girl so I'm going to be using an all-natural toner.

i've always used a toner way before the regimen and then when i started the regimen i was skeptical about not toning because i know my skin needs it. otherwise i get little plugs of sebum i guess. so when i first started i tried without the toner and hated the texture of my skin so i've been toning ever since. just make sure if you're going to tone that you're using an alcohol free toner or it's going to do the opposite of what you want it to do. i use L'Oreal hydra fresh.. it's ok. but i'm currently on the look out for something a little better. it's tough to find an alcohol free toner.

I recently read about this after a friend of mine (whose skin is absolutely flawless) recommended it. She says her skin wasn't always flawless and that this line helped a lot.

http://usa.paiskinca...&products_id=25

It's a little expensive, but it is 100% alcohol free. I'm thinking of using it in the future. They also have one for combination or oily skin, this one is for those with dehydrated complexions.

Edited by TheDKRLover

thanks, i'll check that out =)

yea, use the toner right after cleansing. right before the BP. what all natural toner are you going to use?

thanks, i'll check that out =)

yea, use the toner right after cleansing. right before the BP. what all natural toner are you going to use?

I'm going to take advantage of a deal I found online at BeautyBay.com and purchase the Pai Lotus & Orange Blossom BioAffinity Tonic - it's almost $20 off.

I use a toner from a Seller on ETSY.

If you search Dress Green on there, it's the one with the green label. I would link, but it would just get deleted.

I put it in a spray bottle so it lasts longer and I use one spray on a cotton pad and apply after washing my face.

I find using a toner keeps my skin from feeling tight/dry.