Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm not sure where to post this so i'm assuming under medication. Well, today i spoke to a few friends who have suffered mild acne and are now clear due to the chemical 'flouride' found in toothpaste. They explained to me today that rubbing toothpaste over my face at night will reduce the size and redness of my acne overnight. I have severe acne and currently on perscription meds and so i don't really want to try this method out in case it makes my acne even worse. However, i do want to know whether my friends were going about it the right way or just following a myth.

I've only of toothpaste being used as a spot treatment not for the entire face. I've done this a few times before in the past and it didn't make a huge difference but it did reduce pimple size and redness a bit. But now I've gone for a more natural approach these days.

Fluoride is actually bad for your health on or in.

It's even better to wash your teeth with Fluoride free toothpaste.

Please don't speak on matters you know absolutely nothing of...

Fluoride is an important active component of pretty much all toothpastes these days. It helps re-mineralise your teeth to make them stronger and more resistant to decay etc. Decay rates have fallen massively after the introduction of fluoride... but fluoride CAN be bad for you, that's if you are physically eating and swallowing whole toothpaste tubes, the fluoride gets taken up into your bones and makes them harder/more brittle.

Please don't speak on matters you know absolutely nothing of...

Fluoride is an important active component of pretty much all toothpastes these days. It helps re-mineralise your teeth to make them stronger and more resistant to decay etc. Decay rates have fallen massively after the introduction of fluoride... but fluoride CAN be bad for you, that's if you are physically eating and swallowing whole toothpaste tubes, the fluoride gets taken up into your bones and makes them harder/more brittle.

Meh, its all inside our tap water. A lot in our processed food too. According to chinese face map fluoride does cause acne around mouths. And... it causes problems to the brain, and also to the pineal gland which is reponsible for secreting natural anti-depressants and an anti-aging hormones.

I am not losing anything for decreasing my fluoride intake, I am just improving my health. Ofcourse fluoride helps a lot for your teeth if you eat lot of sugary food. By nature we aren't even suppose to eat that much sugar to have teeth problems.

Edited by DaftFrost

But still you wrote "It's even better to wash your teeth with Fluoride free toothpaste". Dentists across the world would like to shoot you! :P

Fluoride is not in everyone's tap water, it depends on the government's view of mass medication - water fluoridation.

Chinese face map... where is the scientific proof that this works at all...? What's the link between fluoride and acne (really I'd like to know, because to me it sounds absurd)

But still you wrote "It's even better to wash your teeth with Fluoride free toothpaste". Dentists across the world would like to shoot you! tongue.png

Fluoride is not in everyone's tap water, it depends on the government's view of mass medication - water fluoridation.

Chinese face map... where is the scientific proof that this works at all...? What's the link between fluoride and acne (really I'd like to know, because to me it sounds absurd)

Yea without scientiic evidence every other ancient medicine cures fails right? To me ancients actually had more knowledge than we do right now.

Well to me it is better to wash it with Fluoride free toothpaste cuz I don't consume that much sugar anyways, my teeth is white as it can ever be. If you ofcourse rot your teeth by eating too much junk then sure with fluoride its better.

Chinese basically states that its all about balance. Like the Yin-and Yang. One is heat the other is dampness. If your body isn't balanced by those 2, you get disease. So to keep it in balance you must eat certain foods. For example if you have excess Heat then you need to consume less heat producing foods and more damp ones.

EDIT: To add in, We basically have 2 life sustaining forces. Yin and Yang, both can be represented as Fire and Ice.

Acne is caused by excessive Fire which also called as "Heat". Excessive heat in the blood is toxic and that is what causes acne. Foods you eat can balance those 2. Heating foods are basically inflammatory foods, like sugar, alcohol, coffee, red meat... and so on.

We are just now realizing that acne is caused by internal problems here in the West, but in China 4000 years ago they already knew that and they actually treat the root problem not whats appearing on the skin.

Edited by DaftFrost

No, now I'm sure that we have as much knowledge as we have ever had and it can only increase in volume, exponentially.

If there were scientific trials that prove these ancient remedies work then fine but things like homeopathy, I mean... come on, really!? :S

"Chinese medicine...the balance..." you say...

I think modern western medicine understands the disease process very well in fact. It's not just simply down to foods that you consume, a whole range of other factors come into play. So, if you were diagnosed with AIDS would you refuse the anti-viral medications and just leave it up to your "Yin and Yang" to balance things out...?

No, I didn't think so...

No, now I'm sure that we have as much knowledge as we have ever had and it can only increase in volume, exponentially.

If there were scientific trials that prove these ancient remedies work then fine but things like homeopathy, I mean... come on, really!? :S

"Chinese medicine...the balance..." you say...

I think modern western medicine understands the disease process very well in fact. It's not just simply down to foods that you consume, a whole range of other factors come into play. So, if you were diagnosed with AIDS would you refuse the anti-viral medications and just leave it up to your "Yin and Yang" to balance things out...?

No, I didn't think so...

Yin and Yang describes that having healthy lifestyles and diet leads to strong health. Depending on your choice, you are the one who is controlling the Yin and Yang, its what choices you make in your lifestyle, if you get AIDS, that is pretty much what you attracted.

Infact, the pure grain wheat itself has the property to even kill HIV viruses. However no one really eats them nowadays, we only use the "white" part of that as flour, but we ignore rest of the most nutritious part ever.

The pure wheat berry itself is used as a medicine according to chinese ancient medicine.

I am going to go buy some black bread, they are so healthy and they taste good. It's not that wheats cause acne, only when it's refined. Your body needs the additional natural materials to metobalize it properly, if its refined and just plain sugar then your body even uses its own minerals to digest it which is bad in everyway.

To sum up, our food is really fcked up.

Edited by DaftFrost

Yin and Yang describes that having healthy lifestyles and diet leads to strong health. Depending on your choice, you are the one who is controlling the Yin and Yang, its what choices you make in your lifestyle, if you get AIDS, that is pretty much what you attracted.

Infact, the pure grain wheat itself has the property to even kill HIV viruses. However no one really eats them nowadays, we only use the "white" part of that as flour, but we ignore rest of the most nutritious part ever.

The pure wheat berry itself is used as a medicine according to chinese ancient medicine.

I am going to go buy some black bread, they are so healthy and they taste good. It's not that wheats cause acne, only when it's refined. Your body needs the additional natural materials to metobalize it properly, if its refined and just plain sugar then your body even uses its own minerals to digest it which is bad in everyway.

I agree with you that our food is 'fcked up' but what I can't agree on is your claim that grain kills the HIV virus...that's so stupid, that it's just wrong...

I've only ever found toothpaste to be helpful on drying up a very nasty spot..and even then its not done that much. I find a get spots where i've had toothpaste around my mouth when brushing my teeth...so it certainly isnt a miracle cure, not for me anyway. Will stick with using it on my teeth.

I agree with you that our food is 'fcked up' but what I can't agree on is your claim that grain kills the HIV virus...that's so stupid, that it's just wrong...

Viruses of many types including HIV, are often deactivated when adequate selenium exists in the body.

Pure unrefined wheat is rich in selenium and is one of the richest places that you can get selenium. A lot of people are slenium deficient in the USA.

We are just not getting enough nutritients, and americans are fat due to high amount of refined foods. Refined foods force your brain to feel that you need more because your brain knows that you aren't getting enough nutrients, so it tells you to get more so you could get the nutrients you need, but of course we just keep eating and eating until we can't eat any longer.