Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
msgingersweetie

after being clear

HI everyone-I have been on Dan's regimen for about three months and have really cleared up nicely (at least at this point) but my face is always red and sensitive when Iuse the BP twice daily no matter how much moisturizer I use. I was wondering once your clear if you can use BP once a day and stay clear. I know this depends on the person but I was wondering if anyone woudl like to share their experience with me regarding what they did after becoming clear or if they were able to reduce the amount and number of times they used BP. Thanks!

I've been clear so many times.... all the times I'd be clear for a bit, I'd change something try something new and I'd break out or something it seems... try and stay consistent with it but if you want to try only once a day don't make the change all at once

Work on getting rid of hyperpigmentation and scars! Yup, it never ends. I recommend alpha hydroxy acids, in a cleanser or in a lotion. In other words - exfoliate!

well, when I get clear after accutane I'm gonna get laid, but thats me smile.gif

I used to be on the regimen and be relativerly clear, I still thought my skin was terrible for some reason...one day I got pissed off because I've been putting the cream and moisturizer on in the morning and at night for like a year and a half so I just said F-it...I'm not gonna do this anymore...and I stopped, after about a month my acne turned so bad that I'm going on Accutane, so stick with what you're doing and don't try to change too much if what you're doing is keeping you clear, see if you can use the regimen at night only but if you start breaking out during the day, go back to the normal 'schedule' and dont say I didn't warn you, lol

Thanks for all the advice:) I don't mind the time it takes for the regimen and I am VERY thankful of how well it has worked. I am just concerned about damage and wrinkles (I am 27) because no matter how much sunscreen or how high the SPF is I seemed to burn very easily and my skin always looks irritated while on BP during the day. At the moment I use the regimen at night and in the morning put on BP but wash it off. I hope it works! I will definantly go back to doing the regimen both night and morning if I begin to break out. I would mcuh rather have a red face then spots:)

Dynji-did you try the regimen again after your acne came back? I'm sorry that happened; that sucks. What was your acne like before the regimen? Good luck, I hope the accutane does the trick! I'm sure it will.