Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mindlesswaste

I Need Help Please

I've been on differin for about 4 months now and I see really no to very little improvement. I lso use clymindamycin and BP in the morning and the differin at night. I'm also on the antibiotic Durac. Nothing seems to be working but my zits do start to leak puss and I have no other choice but to pop them. I moisturize with aveeno naturals even though my skin is a little oilly as well. i just nheed some guidance I'm so lost and my acne drives me crazy i can't take it anymore, thank you.

MindlessWaste, Many people feel like that and just last week i felt the same way. thank god my skin improved 10 fold since then. But you just have to try everything you can and just think to yourself that one ay you'll be acne free and wont have to worry about it anymore. But my mom recommended praying. I do everyday, maybe you should try that. To me i think it helps both ways.

You might want to consider switching moisturizers. Most people here didn't find using Aveeno helpful. You could try a milder moisturizer like CeraVe or Cetaphil. Does your derm have you on both BP and Differin? Maybe it's irritating your skin more? When I was prescribed Differin 3% I also used oral antibiotics and only mild washes. My term didn't recommend anything medicated cleanser-wise. Also, are you female? Could your acne possibly be hormone related? If so you could get on birth control or if not you might be a good candidate for Accutane.

I also suffer from cystic acne, I am 42 years old and suffer terrible depression from it. I have spent thousands of dollars on every treatment possible even accutane twice. I am a single mom and want a relationship but I always back out on dates, I just dont understand why I suffer so terrible from this....why?? I have literally tried EVERTHING and of course they are around my mouth and chin and are very painful:( I will try any advice even though I probably already have!!

have you considered maybe it is a food allergy. Try eliminating acne trigger foods and see what happens. Soy, gluten, dairy, caffeine, sugar etc....

Minocycline helped my cystic acne for years..though it didn't prevent it completely. I stopped taking it in December. I now swear by deep exfoliation with 20% salicylic acid (found on amazon) works REALLY well. I use it every 5 days for 3 or 4 minutes before rinsing. I highly recommend giving that a try. I think it's made a world of difference for me. That and BP at night. Good luck.

Your on wayyyyy too many products, strong drying agents at that. More is not better, especially when it comes to skin.

Simply things. Write down everything you eat for a week and then start eliminating each item for a few days and see how your skin reacts. Are you eating a lot of dairy products? Lots of grains?

How is your emotional stress levels? Do you get good sleep?

Take a step back and think; because acne is your body's way of telling you something is out of whack. I always suggest starting with diet, get off processed junk food; it might take extra work to get real food; but you will be happy when you don't have to worry about your skin anymore.

Mindlesswaste, many people feel the same way you do, but this wont last forever. What % of benzoyl peroxide do you use? A 2.5% concentration in my experience is essential for good results because 10% causes irritation leading to more oil producton.

Wash your face every 4 hours using a gentle cleanser such as cetaphil and consider switching moisturizes. I particularly like Neutrogena oil free for combination skin. Use this after every washing. If you follow this strict regimen you will see results soon. Good luck.

mindless waste, i totally feel your pain. i can trace my deep depression back to when i started to get severe acne. when i was younger and i only suffered a few pimples at a time, differin totally worked. but because my acne is hormonal now, topical products don't do much for me. i tried oral antibiotics but saw only miniscule improvement.. and then after awhile none at all, for my body had become immune to it. i'm now on accutane and only after a few mere weeks i've seen SO much improvement. i know that's really jumping the gun because it's the most serious treatment and also because it's dangerous.. but as a personal testimony i can say it's already made feel a million times better about myself

also, my sister had those pimples that would leak puss as well :/ like she literally wouldn't touch them but they would start like.. idk, oozing on their own from all of the pressure deep within. she went on accutane too and since then has not had to deal with them.

if you need anyone to talk to about the depression/sadness thing SERIOUSLY! contact me! i'm on anti-depressants because of how much my drop in self-esteem affected my thinking & lifestyle. but i'm getting better, day by day.

ooh! and like 'Jake the Snake' said- prayer can make a difference. i thoroughly believe that God provides and cares for his children. He knows how much your acne has affected your mentality and has the ability to heal you. it never hurts to try! ;) much luck <3