Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Danielle Herb

Light-Ish Scarring, What Treatment Would You Guys Suggest? Plus, What Type Of Scarring Do I Have?

Hey all! smile.png

What I am needing is some advice on my acne scarring. I have read all about the different types of scarring, and I am still not sure what kind of scarring I have. I think it might be ice pick? Or boxcar? I'm not sure. Anyways, I have uploaded some pictures of myself for reference.

Also, if your scarring looks like mine at all, what treatments did you find successful? I hear subsection is excellent, but does anyone know the cost? I am a poor college student with no money, but I am willing to shell out a bit, especially if it will only take one treatment.

OR...is mine light enough for a peel? I have tried a salicylic acid peel, but to no avail (made me less oily for a few days, though), but I was thinking of trying a glycolic peel? Or some other type.

In my collage, you can see the first picture (my left cheek)-which I uploaded twice- is probably the one that got the worst of it. My forehead is scarred a bit, but I don't really mind that area. The right cheek has really light scarring, but it is still bothersome. I also uploaded one of just me, so you can see how I look in normal lighting...and you can't really tell that I have scars.

All in all, they don't bother me TOO MUCH, but at the same time, I want them GONE!

Any hints, help, recommendations?

Thank you!

Edited by Danielle Herb

very good skin, just minor scarring. Micro dermabrasion or peels should do the trick for you. Try TCA peel low percentage around 10%

btw i mean tca peel 10% or less even

Edited by Theoneandonly

Oh, that is very sweet, thank you! I would love it if I could just do peels! They are much, much cheaper. Have you used a TCA peel with success?

Any other suggestions from people!? I am impatient, I apologize :)

personally i think your skin looks graet and i wouldnt do much if anything at all to it. you could do some peels or the microderm like the other poster said but really i dont see much at all. i think you look really good!

Thank you, Karen, for your response! I go back and forth: Should I do something, if anything at all? Or just give them time? And then, I feel like I 'desperately' need to get rid of them! I think I will look into microdermabrasion, and just stay away from the sun. I'm terrible about sun exposure, and I truly believe that it has thinned my skin and made it more prone to scarring. I used to NEVER scar, no matter how big a cyst was. Oh, and by the way, I didn't pop any of those pimples that left scars, they were just THAT massive, and my skin was just THAT weak.

I would love more suggestions, though! So keep them coming! :)

Thanks all.

I found spa microderm effective but if you're strapped for cash you could do an at home treatment. It takes longer to see results. Good luck!

Thanks for the input, 98765432100! I had already planned on it, I just thought I would get some peer advice first, so I would have lots of questions for the dermatologist! :)

Hey, HapaMommy! Thank you so much for the advice. I had thought about doing that, but it is almost worth it to fork out a little cash to have someone do it professionally. I saw that most microdermabrasion treatments are $150-200, which I can afford, it would just make the month a bit tight. I'm hoping to only have to do one or two treatments, but we'll see.

Again, keep it coming guys! The feedback is awesome, I really appreciate it! :)

Haha, cool nose? I'm not sure if that was an intended compliment or not...but, thanks! Lol. Awe, thanks. Yeah, I think even if I decide to do nothing about it for the time being, I would still like a professional's opinion, to go along with my own personal investigation(s).

Thanks guys! Keep going! Haha, :)

Its similar to mine, mine has responded very well

To peels, just keep doing them every so often i do tca 12.5 and also a light skin culture peel on the affected areas there by no means gone but comparing pictures for a year ago to now its a good improvement !

Awesome! So glad you found something that works for you! I hope to get to that point soon! :)

Also, do you guys prefer a Spa or a Dermatologist Office for peels & microdermabrasion?

Thanks!

Haha, cool nose? I'm not sure if that was an intended compliment or not...but, thanks! Lol. Awe, thanks. Yeah, I think even if I decide to do nothing about it for the time being, I would still like a professional's opinion, to go along with my own personal investigation(s).

Thanks guys! Keep going! Haha, smile.png

lol yeah it was a compliment

Haha, thanks for the nose compliment!

Yes, I agree...subcision might be a little too much for me, at this point in time, at least. I heard great things about the TCA cross peel & microdermabrasion. I'm meeting with a MedSpa Monday to get some advice. I'm excited! I will keep you guys updated on that.

Sorry, but there's not anything. If it's not bad, then don't worry about it. I actually joined this board today, just so I could warn people about dermabrasion. It makes scarring worse. Take care.