Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

What Do You Recommend For Blackheads?

I have a lot of tiny blackheads on my forehead which is why I am breaking out with ugly pimples..they are so painful too. They are usually red... not white stuff, etc. I hate this ones because it takes a while to heal.My chin, cheeks, etc.. are getting clear after some break out. I don't see any new pimples forming, but on forehead, I think there might be a lot. I stopped using chemicals on my skin like 2-3 months ago and so I need something that is chemical-free to get rid of blackheads. If BP or SA are the only way, then I might apply BP just on the affected area. ;\

Don't be so afraid of "chemicals." No matter what you apply to your skin you're going to be applying chemicals that otherwise would not occur naturally as part of your skin's composition. An acne remedy can claim to be as natural as it wants but it is still a bunch of chemicals selected because they are believed/proven to have an effect on part of the process that causes acne to form. If something can possibly exist in this universe it's as natual as anything else.

What you should really be concerned about is the negative effects that putting anything on your skin might have. Everything has a (potential) downside.

Sorry to preach, but there's no such thing as "chemical-free"... smile.png

Don't be so afraid of "chemicals." No matter what you apply to your skin you're going to be applying chemicals that otherwise would not occur naturally as part of your skin's composition. An acne remedy can claim to be as natural as it wants but it is still a bunch of chemicals selected because they are believed/proven to have an effect on part of the process that causes acne to form. If something can possibly exist in this universe it's as natual as anything else.

What you should really be concerned about is the negative effects that putting anything on your skin might have. Everything has a (potential) downside.

Sorry to preach, but there's no such thing as "chemical-free"... smile.png

Yeah, but a good diet- mostly plant-based, lots of vegetables and fruits can help smooth your skin. My skin is actually very smooth, but I still break out. I think chemicals are for those with severe skin problems, now they do need help biggrin.png I used to get like 2-3 pimples a month, but out of nowhere, I started to get blackheads. I never had blackheads before >_>;; I think aloe vera caused blackheads 'cause I started applying that a while ago.. or maybe 'cause I stopped using proactiv like 2 months ago and now my skin is freaking out because of that. >_>;; I did a lot of research, etc.. but never did about blackheads so that's why I am here . sad.png I am going to research how to get rid of blackheads. Chemical is actually bad for your skin ^^;; I am a raw vegan, so I also want to be healthy externally smile.png If I keep breaking out a lot, I guess I will return to BP.. no choice!!!! seems like I gotta use it forever~ We'll see what happens.

PS: so far, I only have active pimples on my forehead. My cheeks, chin, etc.. looks good, but I do have a few redness. I wouldn't say this is my worst break out.. I used have worst breakout while I was on proactiv. I think it took like 2-3 years for proactiv to work ;\ I think it is due to stress or I've been looking at the mirror too much. I will try to stop thinking about my zits and move on :D

Edited by EddieE

Hey Eddie, from my experience the best treatment for blackheads is salicylic acid - it removes dead skin cells faster and breaks down hardened sebum so they don't clog up your pores. SA exfoliates both the surface of your skin and the inside of pores which helps breakdown blackhead material. Think of it like cleaning out the grime that sticks to pore walls and just continues to build up if left untreated.

Benzoyl Peroxide is best if you have infected, pus filled pimples since it kills the bacteria causing the infection.

If you're scared of too much chemicals I'd suggest just using salicylic acid. It doesn't damage your skin as much as BP and actually can keep skin healthy since it exfoliates all the dead skin cells away. Some people don't need to exfoliate if their skin behaves normally and doesn't clog up. But for acne-prone people, it's important to keep your pores clean from all the crap that otherwise clog it up and leads to breakouts. SA can definitely help do that!

Hey Eddie, from my experience the best treatment for blackheads is salicylic acid - it removes dead skin cells faster and breaks down hardened sebum so they don't clog up your pores. SA exfoliates both the surface of your skin and the inside of pores which helps breakdown blackhead material. Think of it like cleaning out the grime that sticks to pore walls and just continues to build up if left untreated.

Benzoyl Peroxide is best if you have infected, pus filled pimples since it kills the bacteria causing the infection.

If you're scared of too much chemicals I'd suggest just using salicylic acid. It doesn't damage your skin as much as BP and actually can keep skin healthy since it exfoliates all the dead skin cells away. Some people don't need to exfoliate if their skin behaves normally and doesn't clog up. But for acne-prone people, it's important to keep your pores clean from all the crap that otherwise clog it up and leads to breakouts. SA can definitely help do that!

OK thanks! I will wait another week or two. If I break out more the I will order a high quality SA cream just to apply on forehead.

Whats your Carb intake for a day Eddie? as I dont suffer from pimples but lots of blackheads on my t zone. I tried low glycemic index diet and eating every two hours for a week (I do alot of sports so i need keep calories high) and noticed my oily skin got worse..I mean to the point where I could wet tissue and it would stick to my nose. After that I did my own test and drunk two Dunn river Nurishment drinks everyday for 7 days and got worse acne of my life on my forhead, I mean never had acne but this would have met the criteria. After checking that each can has like 60g of sugar I had look at my diet. I did sufer from seborrheic dermatitis, which is related to blackheads aswell and after cutting my carb intake down (had increase my fat intake to balance the calories) my oily skin has reduced, though it is hard to stick to check out the paleo diet and see how it works for, I know you cant eat meat but i eat alot nuts which make the bulk of my diet.

Whats your Carb intake for a day Eddie? as I dont suffer from pimples but lots of blackheads on my t zone. I tried low glycemic index diet and eating every two hours for a week (I do alot of sports so i need keep calories high) and noticed my oily skin got worse..I mean to the point where I could wet tissue and it would stick to my nose. After that I did my own test and drunk two Dunn river Nurishment drinks everyday for 7 days and got worse acne of my life on my forhead, I mean never had acne but this would have met the criteria. After checking that each can has like 60g of sugar I had look at my diet. I did sufer from seborrheic dermatitis, which is related to blackheads aswell and after cutting my carb intake down (had increase my fat intake to balance the calories) my oily skin has reduced, though it is hard to stick to check out the paleo diet and see how it works for, I know you cant eat meat but i eat alot nuts which make the bulk of my diet.

I eat mostly raw vegetables and fruits. I started drinking green smoothie and noticed my skin is looking great. It isn't freaking out. I only broke out with 2 pimples this week. The others are still active and painful.. it is one of those ugly ones... It isn't that huge, but a little big biggrin.png I have like 2-3 of those on my forehead.. sucks 'cause it is going to leave an ugly scars.. also, it will take a while to heal. :|

You could try exfoliating with a paste made from Baking Soda just on the affected area.

Can I use pure baking soda and apply just on affected area? I remember doing this 2 times a week, it made my skin so smooth ^^;; but I was concerned since I read about it on google.

Edited by EddieE

I have used the baking soda you get in the cleaning or baking department. Like some regular ole arm and hammer.

And yes, you can do just the affected area.

I have used the baking soda you get in the cleaning or baking department. Like some regular ole arm and hammer.

Thanks a lot! I am going to buy it tomorrow and apply a bit just on affected area at least 2-3 days a week.

I will keep you updated.

Edited by EddieE

Thanks a lot! I am going to buy it tomorrow and apply a bit just on affected area at least 2-3 days a week.

I will keep you updated.

Oh please do! I would love to know how this works for you!

If it causes some tightness don't be surprised.

I will keep you updated.

Oh please do! I would love to know how this works for you!

If it causes some tightness don't be surprised.

What happen if it causes tightness? sick.gif When I applied baking soda on my entire face, it felt a little tight, but skin was so smooth!

It dried my lips so bad though.. was so painful >_>

Edited by EddieE

It's just uncomfortable to some people. I would recommend toning if you don't like that feeling. But other than that, it's no biggie (:

It's just uncomfortable to some people. I would recommend toning if you don't like that feeling. But other than that, it's no biggie (:

My skin don't feel that bad after applying it smile.png I tried it yesterday and didn't feel any tightness, etc. I will apply it again today because I really want this blackheads gone as it is causing bad breakouts under blackheads. I get ugly painful pimples. ;\ I am trying to stop getting new breakouts, but I keep getting 1-2 new pimples on forehead.. that's not good 'cause then it will take even longer to be clear which means no haircut for a while. ha ha. I gotta wear a hat.. I am going to buy more because I don't want to wear the same everyday. >_> bleh.

Edited by EddieE

Woo! I'm glad to hear no discomfort was experienced!

Definitely let us know how that works out for you!

Woo! I'm glad to hear no discomfort was experienced!

Definitely let us know how that works out for you!

Thanks! I am just applying it on forehead. You think it is OK to apply apple cider vinegar after? Not sure if they go well together. :D

But I didn't notice any irritation, etc.. nothing! It is actually smooth! I hope my forehead gets better... it looks pretty bad.. >_>;; I have a few active zits.That's OK.. I already have some scars on my forehead and getting more bad ones... w.e !! seems like I need to come up with a new hairstyle or just wear hat. :D Will never cut my hair short. >_<

Maybe not straight ACV, I would think it's better to dilute it in some water. If you have an empty bottle on hand, try 1 TBS to 1 Cup of water.

I've used this same solution in my hair.

Maybe not straight ACV, I would think it's better to dilute it in some water. If you have an empty bottle on hand, try 1 TBS to 1 Cup of water.

I've used this same solution in my hair.

I saw people doing straight ACV ^^;; My skin doesn't burn or anything. I like the aloe vera (fresh) but I am not sure if this caused me blackheads on my forehead. ;\

if not, then I will apply aloe vera instead of ACV :)