Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

IS THERE AN ANSWERRRRRRRRRR ANYWHERE ON THIS WEBSITE UGHHHHHH I WANT TO GET RID OF MY ACNE. HOW/? HOW ? HOW?

WHAT EXACTLY DO I HAVE TO DO??????????????????????????

IM TIRED OF THE CONFLICTING INFO!!!! JUST GIVE ME AN ANSWERRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had acne for SEVEN YEARS it NEVER stops. My mom is 50 and STILL has acne but extremely severe.

My Dad eats cookies every single day and has never had a breakout in his life. he eats junk food fast food cookies cake and NOTHINGGG. all he has is diabetes which he just takes pills for and thats it. he doesn't have to deal with red spots all over his face.

The lady at the grocery st ore stopped me the other day and said, "If you only washed your face everyday in the shower, the stuff on your face will go away." FCKKKKKKKK YOU DUMBASS BICHHH!! I'd like to see you get acne every day and see how easily it will go away once you "wash your face".

Can someone just tell me EXACTLY HOWWW TO GET RID OF ACNE so i can just get on with my life and stop spending 90% of my time on this web site?!!!!!!!!

Is that SO hard to ask for?

And don't just say, "Oh youuu should try putting raw egg yolks on your face and wash it off." F U!!!!! I'm not gonna put friggn food on my face and magically stop producing acne. Yeah right. I'm tired of dumb advice on how to get rid of acne from people who have never had acne in their life.

I just read on Y! Answers someone asking how they can get rid of acne, and someone HAD to answer it that said they have never had acne before(seriously?) 'but here are some tips'..and they went on saying how you should put salt n crap on your face as if it was that easy to get rid of.

Oh hey, let me just walk in my kitchen and grab the salt shaker and shake it all over my face!! What a great idea...I'm sure it will somehow soak into my hormone system and tell my body 'it's time to stop making acne!'

IS THERE AN ANSWERRRRRRRRRR ANYWHERE ON THIS WEBSITE UGHHHHHH I WANT TO GET RID OF MY ACNE. HOW/? HOW ? HOW?

IM TIRED OF THE CONFLICTING INFO!!!! JUST GIVE ME AN ANSWERRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had acne for SEVEN YEARS it NEVER stops. My mom is 50 and STILL has acne but extremely severe.

My Dad eats cookies every single day and has never had a breakout in his life. he eats junk food fast food cookies cake and NOTHINGGG. all he has is diabetes which he just takes pills for and thats it. he doesn't have to deal with red spots all over his face.

The lady at the grocery st ore stopped me the other day and said, "If you only washed your face everyday in the shower, the stuff on your face will go away." FCKKKKKKKK YOU DUMBASS BICHHH!! I'd like to see you get acne every day and see how easily it will go away once you "wash your face".

Can someone just tell me EXACTLY HOWWW TO GET RID OF ACNE so i can just get on with my life and stop spending 90% of my time on this web site?!!!!!!!!

And don't just say, "Oh youuu should try putting raw egg yolks on your face and wash it off." F U!!!!! I'm not gonna put friggn food on my face and magically stop producing acne. Yeah right. I'm tired of dumb advice on how to get rid of acne from people who have never had acne in their life.

I just read on Y! Answers someone asking how they can get rid of acne, and someone HAD to answer it that said they have never had acne before(seriously?) 'but here are some tips'..and they went on saying how you should put salt n crap on your face as if it was that easy to get rid of.

Oh hey, let me just walk in my kitchen and grab the salt shaker and shake it all over my face!! What a great idea...I'm sure it will somehow soak into my hormone system and tell my body 'it's time to stop making acne!'

http://onlyacne.com/allergies-cause-acne.html

You have to try and not get caught up with acne on your path to clear skin. You have to be patient. Give it weeks and months – don’t get up close in the mirror every day. Do your best to keep yourself preoccupied. If your time on the org only makes you more upset, limit your time here to productive things like keeping a log and getting support. The emotional battle is the hardest part. To be blunt, you can still live life with acne, and living life will probably help you in many other ways beyond acne.

All he has is diabetes? Jenny, diabetes is horrible. Diabetic complications show up in various ways over time, it’s a slow descent into a miserable state before the complications get you. Yeah, acne sucks, but I’d much rather have acne than be blind with Alzheimer’s and my legs amputated, and then dead. The complications aren’t guaranteed to come all at once, but everyone gets something. Sugar wreaks it’s havoc one way or another.

People say stupid things, it’s part of life unfortunately. I’ve had people say things about my acne when I had it pretty bad, but what can you do about it? Beat the crap out of them? Just let it roll off you.

Whether you’re trying to get clear through topicals, or making dietary/lifestyle changes, it takes time. You should give something at least 3 months. Some people get clear in a month on diet changes alone, some people see topical results in weeks, and some of us didn’t see results until 6 months or so. Seeing your other threads, if you’re trying to get clear through diet/lifestyle changes, you need to be consistent and give it time.

Wish I could give ya an answer, but there isnt a cure and Im 41 and still get acne and my Mom is 65 and still gets acne. It sucks, but thats life. I also have Epilepsy to deal with, but ah well, thats life.

Edited by pugrocker

Remember that acne itself isn't a disease or illness, but its a sign that something else in your body is wrong. The difficult part is finding out what exactly is wrong. Ultimately, nobody can tell you where to start because nobody knows your body better than you.

Diet worked wonders for me, but that's ME. And like tim said, patience is very important as your body takes time to adjust to changes. I would say a minimum of two weeks is needed to detect if your body is responding to any changes.

If you really want to know where to start...well, like I said, diet worked for me. So I'd watch omega-6/omega-3 fat ratios, vitamin A intake, salt, grain/gluten, sugar, aspartame, greasy/fried food, red meat, and probably more that I've forgotten. I'm not a huge supporter of topicals, but I will admit that they can make a difference if used carefully. Anything that helps your skin shed dead cells and not clog pores is good in my book.

http://onlyacne.com/...cause-acne.html

Don't food allergies just causes rashes, hives, and your throat to swell up? And then how come i got acne when I was 13 when I hit puberty? I don't get it...I was clear my whole life until I hit puberty..does that mean the allergies don't work until your hormones are crazy?

Remember that acne itself isn't a disease or illness, but its a sign that something else in your body is wrong. The difficult part is finding out what exactly is wrong. Ultimately, nobody can tell you where to start because nobody knows your body better than you.

Diet worked wonders for me, but that's ME. And like tim said, patience is very important as your body takes time to adjust to changes. I would say a minimum of two weeks is needed to detect if your body is responding to any changes.

If you really want to know where to start...well, like I said, diet worked for me. So I'd watch omega-6/omega-3 fat ratios, vitamin A intake, salt, grain/gluten, sugar, aspartame, greasy/fried food, red meat, and probably more that I've forgotten. I'm not a huge supporter of topicals, but I will admit that they can make a difference if used carefully. Anything that helps your skin shed dead cells and not clog pores is good in my book.

It's a disease to me..Diet has worked for me before, when I ate only raw fruit n raw vegetables but I want to start building muscles and that diet will probably melt my muscles and turn me into fluff.

I just want a diet that will work for acne and work for maintaining muscle. Which is getting hard...I KNOW that I will get clear if all i eat is raw salad BUT that will make my muscles turn to flab so it's frustratingg..

You have to try and not get caught up with acne on your path to clear skin. You have to be patient. Give it weeks and months – don’t get up close in the mirror every day. Do your best to keep yourself preoccupied. If your time on the org only makes you more upset, limit your time here to productive things like keeping a log and getting support. The emotional battle is the hardest part. To be blunt, you can still live life with acne, and living life will probably help you in many other ways beyond acne.

All he has is diabetes? Jenny, diabetes is horrible. Diabetic complications show up in various ways over time, it’s a slow descent into a miserable state before the complications get you. Yeah, acne sucks, but I’d much rather have acne than be blind with Alzheimer’s and my legs amputated, and then dead. The complications aren’t guaranteed to come all at once, but everyone gets something. Sugar wreaks it’s havoc one way or another.

People say stupid things, it’s part of life unfortunately. I’ve had people say things about my acne when I had it pretty bad, but what can you do about it? Beat the crap out of them? Just let it roll off you.

Whether you’re trying to get clear through topicals, or making dietary/lifestyle changes, it takes time. You should give something at least 3 months. Some people get clear in a month on diet changes alone, some people see topical results in weeks, and some of us didn’t see results until 6 months or so. Seeing your other threads, if you’re trying to get clear through diet/lifestyle changes, you need to be consistent and give it time.

I'm just frustrated with all the conflicting info.. I WANT to clear my skin through diet cause topicals messed up my skin texture. But, I have no idea what to eat so i just eat junk food because if i do a diet change i have to go all out or eat crap. I either have to eat extremely perfect and follow a diet to a T, OR i just simply eat junk food. I think it's because I feel like if i make one error in my diet i will breakout and if i break out i might as well eat crap.

Wish I could give ya an answer, but there isnt a cure and Im 41 and still get acne and my Mom is 65 and still gets acne. It sucks, but thats life. I also have Epilepsy to deal with, but ah well, thats life.

Have you ever tried diet to cure it? I know there is no cure for it, just things that will control it if you actaully can find something to control it.

I know. I'm 6'4", and thanks to a rocket metabolism I weighed in at 145 lb about 13 months ago. I had just managed to clear up around then, so I started experimenting with food to add which is when I ran into problems with stuff like omega-6, red meat, that stuff. But, I managed to get my weight up to 178 at my highest, and I'm currently in the low 170s. My program in school (mechanical engineering) has kept me busy enough over the last 8 months that I haven't had the time and energy to experiment with more food, or otherwise I'd be over 190 pounds by now, but the bottom line is I still managed to gain over 30 pounds in less than one year, and I haven't eaten/drank milk, protein shakes, or red meat in that entire timeframe (okay like a bit of red meat once a week maybe, but you know what I mean, it's not a staple in my diet).

If you want it bad enough, you can do it. Just start by clearing the acne, and then start building from there. That's my two cents.

*edit* I should add, assuming you can clear your acne with diet. Can't forget my own words.

Edited by trtn48

Honestly, not sure what to do. So frustrating that nobody has any answers.

The whole "there is something else wrong with your body" could be true, it could not be true also. Honestly, I think it's all the chemically modified food. And then you ask, well hey "so and so eats all the fast food they want, and NEVER has break outs". This is true. However, I can eat all the shellfish all I want and never have an allergic reaction. However, if a person with an allergic reaction eats shellfish, they are fucked.

I've heard cases where people go on vacation, and their acne all of sudden clears up. If I had to guess, the cause is in the water. Everything now a days is tampered by man made things.

Also, if you are looking for answers, you won't find them hear. However, the good thing about this site is that it offers a lot of support.

http://onlyacne.com/...cause-acne.html

Don't food allergies just causes rashes, hives, and your throat to swell up? And then how come i got acne when I was 13 when I hit puberty? I don't get it...I was clear my whole life until I hit puberty..does that mean the allergies don't work until your hormones are crazy?

It's a disease to me..Diet has worked for me before, when I ate only raw fruit n raw vegetables but I want to start building muscles and that diet will probably melt my muscles and turn me into fluff.

I just want a diet that will work for acne and work for maintaining muscle. Which is getting hard...I KNOW that I will get clear if all i eat is raw salad BUT that will make my muscles turn to flab so it's frustratingg..

I'm just frustrated with all the conflicting info.. I WANT to clear my skin through diet cause topicals messed up my skin texture. But, I have no idea what to eat so i just eat junk food because if i do a diet change i have to go all out or eat crap. I either have to eat extremely perfect and follow a diet to a T, OR i just simply eat junk food. I think it's because I feel like if i make one error in my diet i will breakout and if i break out i might as well eat crap.

Have you ever tried diet to cure it? I know there is no cure for it, just things that will control it if you actaully can find something to control it.

Chemical changes can trigger Food Allergies. Puberty, menstral, pregnancy, and menopaus. Also depends on how allergic you are. Food allergies are also passed on from Mother to Fetus. That means everyone on your mothers side have the same food allergies. Your fathers could be different but he does pass on some of the same symptoms (Genetics). A good example is my 8 year old has Asthma & Acid reflux. My wife has Asthma and I have Acid reflux (we don't have both). I just happen to have the same food allergy as them.

Ps Isn't Acne a Rash?

Edited by kidego

Trust me, that's an answer everyone on here wants to know but there is no cure for acne sadly...yes some people find theirs but everyone has their OWN reasons/issues. You have to find the root of YOUR problem and EDUCATE yourself. It could be diet, hormones,hygiene,genes or something else. I sadly don't have a legit answer for you but you can always ask for skincare/health advice here on different sections :)

Edited by Kaylei

Honestly, not sure what to do. So frustrating that nobody has any answers.

The whole "there is something else wrong with your body" could be true, it could not be true also. Honestly, I think it's all the chemically modified food. And then you ask, well hey "so and so eats all the fast food they want, and NEVER has break outs". This is true. However, I can eat all the shellfish all I want and never have an allergic reaction. However, if a person with an allergic reaction eats shellfish, they are fucked.

I've heard cases where people go on vacation, and their acne all of sudden clears up. If I had to guess, the cause is in the water. Everything now a days is tampered by man made things.

Also, if you are looking for answers, you won't find them hear. However, the good thing about this site is that it offers a lot of support.

Yeah samee here, and i heard going to the beach will clear acne and how ppl go to less polluted cities and get clear. I was thinking of going on vacation to somewhere to see if it's actually true,

"only takes a pill" for his diabetes... dude dont go there. diabetes it worse, it can be a life or death thing.

So he has diabetes (I wonder what type!) I rather have some acne than diabetes . That's why you should eat 100% healthy, like plant-based diet. You should try that. I have a lot of raw vegan friends on FB And they all have very clear skin and smooth. They said to eat low fats and eat more veggies and fruits. I've been a vegan for like 2 years, but was like 40-50% raw.. my skin looked great and was smooth .. then I broke out badly 'cause I stopped using BP. I decided to go 100% raw and it helped me not to breakout like crazy.. also it made my skin super smooth.. but I have a lot of dry acne. At least not a lot of redness 'cause I apply aloe vera (fresh) on skin and ACV (helps to dry acne and shrink fast)

Edited by EddieE

Hun, there is no magic bullet for acne unfortunately so you have to stop, take a breath and breathe. You have to get your mind set in order if you expect to tackle acne in a productive way. It takes time and tons of trial and error. With that said, you have to force yourself to go on with life cause you could be waiting a long time for acne to clear.

Firstly, see a derm so that you can begin to deal with the symptoms. Secondly, look at your diet, stress, level and other lifestyle factors as when your body is out of whack, acne can happen.

Look at the diet logs and see what you can do to improve your overall digestion and health in general.

Just remember that as hard as it is, acne is not the end of the world.

Try to find other positives in your life and focus on them as much as you can

Good Luck!