Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jetaime

Chin Area And Parts Of Jaw Line Are Bumpy But Are Flesh Colored?(Pics)

Hello, so I have a few questions about my skin. Around my mouth area and my jaw I have all of these bumps that are the color of skin. What are these exactly? Is it acne or something else? I plan on going to the dermatologist in a few weeks and asking about them. I have included a picture and hopefully you can see the bumps. I do have some red marks in this area from red pimples that I have had in the past and also I have a few active pimples at the moment. So any advice/help you can give me would be great!! Thanks

Ps. My skin looks so bad in these pictures:/

I forgot to say that I do use a face wash with salicylic acid using the Clarisonic brush and BP on my skin but the bumps still stay there.

post-172268-0-09865400-1332108995_thumb.

post-172268-0-37394200-1332109083_thumb.

post-172268-0-09865400-1332108995_thumb.

post-172268-0-37394200-1332109083_thumb.

They look like they're probably just closed comedones. Google it and you can see picture of what they are. Basically just clogged pores. I had a bunch around my jaw as well that looked exactly like that, but now that I'm using Retin-A it has turned them all into inflamed pimples. Urgh so annoying.

They look like they're probably just closed comedones. Google it and you can see picture of what they are. Basically just clogged pores. I had a bunch around my jaw as well that looked exactly like that, but now that I'm using Retin-A it has turned them all into inflamed pimples. Urgh so annoying.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I thought that's what they were.

Oh good luck....I have a lot of it in my jawline and for God and heaven sake, when I applied retin-a on it, it made everything to break out and now I am dealing with breakouts with pus, but the good thing is, they can easily disappear with retin-a...I am using 0.05% which is quite strong and you will have to bear the side effects not to mention the severe peeling and purging process...

I have the exact same bumps! I thought they were closed comedones until I took probiotics and they started going away. Unfortunately I did not take probiotics for long because my whole face exploded with acne! But, since they were going away I figured I must have some kind of fungal folliculitus going on. Some people use nizoral shampoo on their face to get rid of foliculitus but I wanted to go the natural route. I used tea tree oil and then put on a mask on no sugar greek yoghurt once a day and all of the bumps are almost gone! They are all flaking away and it's only been three days. My chin looked almost identical to yours so I'm pretty positive this will work for you. Give it a try! If you don't want to get the tea tree oil I'm pretty sure the yoghurt would work on it's own. The bacterial cultures the the yoghurt fight off the yeast and since yoghurt has lactic acid it exfoliates all of the dead yeast away.

I have the exact same bumps! I thought they were closed comedones until I took probiotics and they started going away. Unfortunately I did not take probiotics for long because my whole face exploded with acne! But, since they were going away I figured I must have some kind of fungal folliculitus going on. Some people use nizoral shampoo on their face to get rid of foliculitus but I wanted to go the natural route. I used tea tree oil and then put on a mask on no sugar greek yoghurt once a day and all of the bumps are almost gone! They are all flaking away and it's only been three days. My chin looked almost identical to yours so I'm pretty positive this will work for you. Give it a try! If you don't want to get the tea tree oil I'm pretty sure the yoghurt would work on it's own. The bacterial cultures the the yoghurt fight off the yeast and since yoghurt has lactic acid it exfoliates all of the dead yeast away.

That is very interesting. Thanks for the information/advise! I will have to give this stuff a try!

That is very interesting. Thanks for the information/advise! I will have to give this stuff a try!

A little update - the yoghurt and tea tree didn't help for too long. I'm now trying head and shoulders shampoo and mandelic acid. Selsum blue and head and shoulder shampoo seem to have the best results for most people. I tried another dandruff shampoo and it worked on the bumps but it gave me huge boils as an allergic reaction. It was way too strong. Hopefully head and shoulders won't do that. The actual name for the foliculitis is malassezia or pityosorum foliculitus.

A little update - the yoghurt and tea tree didn't help for too long. I'm now trying head and shoulders shampoo and mandelic acid. Selsum blue and head and shoulder shampoo seem to have the best results for most people. I tried another dandruff shampoo and it worked on the bumps but it gave me huge boils as an allergic reaction. It was way too strong. Hopefully head and shoulders won't do that. The actual name for the foliculitis is malassezia or pityosorum foliculitus.

Awe Im sorry that the yoghurt and tea tree stopped working for you. I have some Selsun Blue that I have just taking up room in my bathroom that I might try! But if you have any results good or bad from head & shoulders your welcomed to come back and share!nod.gif

Hello, this is my first post. If you're using the head and shoulders shampoo for the pyrithione zinc (the active ingredient), then you may want to look for the Noble Zinc bar (on Amazon) or the Calming Zinc bar (by Dr. Bailey, there's lot of advice on her website). It has 2%, but it may be more gentle because it doesn't have the SLS. But some people pooh pooh bar soaps.

I've used the Calming Zinc bar once a day for a couple of months and it cleared up my mild facial dandruff very quickly.

Hope that helps!

i also have these stupid bumps, and ive been using salicylic acid and benzyrol peroxide, which have had no effect so far i have been doing it since december, so i dont think its gonna work too well, but if you find anything that have some sort of positive effect please post it here :-)

Hello, this is my first post. If you're using the head and shoulders shampoo for the pyrithione zinc (the active ingredient), then you may want to look for the Noble Zinc bar (on Amazon) or the Calming Zinc bar (by Dr. Bailey, there's lot of advice on her website). It has 2%, but it may be more gentle because it doesn't have the SLS. But some people pooh pooh bar soaps.

I've used the Calming Zinc bar once a day for a couple of months and it cleared up my mild facial dandruff very quickly.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the advice!