Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
multigraincheerios

Face Washes With Sls/sles/parabens?

I was wondering, are face washes with these chemicals bad for you? I'm currently using Purpose cleanser which has SLES in it, and on recommedation of a friend I wanted to try Cetaphil for a bit, but that has SLS & Parabens in it.

I was wondering, are these bad? The Purpose cleanser has really been giving me good results so far, but I don't want to use it if the SLES is bad for your skin. If it is, I also have some LIquid Neutrogena which does not contain these ingredients.

Ideas?

I know that SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate,) is a cheap 'bubble maker' used in the cosmetics industry, the word 'cheap' should say it all, It strips the skin, which in my experience in the past unknowingly using cleansers with this stuff in it and rubbing my face has caused my whole face to flake like hell!

My best advice is to avoid it when possible, I personally refuse to use any product with it in! If you where still in school like me, at somepoint you would of dropped sodium itself into water, it's quite a fierce reaction! Sulfur isn't too good either, I have no clue why they use it in skincare.