Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
suck it foo

Working Diet - Clear Skin! Explained, Simple And Easy Steps

Hi, I used to be on Dan's regimen for 5 years and it worked well. But I was tired of putting chemicals on my face every morning and night, and buying those BP creams and face washes to do it. When I finally decided to quit the regimen, I had the worse break out in my life which left scars. I was living in a nightmare. After trial and error with foods and miracle cures, now I figured out a special diet that can probably help. In my situation, I ruled out my adult acne is probably caused by candida (yeast infection in the gut) and or me being pre-diabetic and resistant to insulin (which I probably don't think it is, but thought it might be). I just wash my face with plain old water now, knowing that the problem lies within my body, not on the outside. Follow this simple diet: avoid high Glycemic Index (aka simple carbs) foods, and eat more complex carbs like dark leafy greens and apples.

Tips:

1. Eat low GI-Index foods (Low Glycemic Index) aka the south beach diet. Foods that can spike blood sugars are: table sugar, wheat, flour, white bread, pretzels, crackers, cake, pasta, white rice, potatoes, corn tortilla chips, pizza, foods that come in a box, etc. You can look up the GI index of foods online. These foods can spike your blood sugar and theoretically feed the candida yeast in your gut and cause break outs.

2. Eat dark leafy greens, especially kale and broccoli. Steam it, then rinse it in cold water, or if you can stand the taste, eat it raw like a salad. Kale, in my experience, provides high antioxidants and decreases inflammation. Look it up online.

3. Eat apples. No, not bottled apple juice, an actual apple. They are also high in anti-oxidant, and the natural sugars helps regulate your blood sugar levels. Humans have been eating it for a long time, so the body can break down this natural type of sugar slowly and easily.

4. Take 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar with water 3 times a day, before eating. This helps clean out your gut, and allow promotes bacteria in your body. It also kills the candida yeast, or at least what I've heard of.

5. Take a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil at night. Give your body an oil change.

6. Cook with organic extra virgin coconut oil. Its the healthiest kind of cooking oil you can get..

7. Avoid processed juices, milk, cheese. When they pasteurize the juice and milk, they remove the natural vitamins from the juices, and then add artificial vitamins in it, therefore making it unnatural and your body can't process unnatural products. Also milk and cheese contains sugars that your body can't break down as well when you get older (lactose intolerant). If you need calcium, try almond milk with no sugar added, or eat almonds/sprinkle it in your foods or salad.

8. Avoid red-meat, it causes problems with your cardiovascular system, clogging arteries and vitamins/minerals can't flow through your body. Try eating all-natural organic (free range if possible) white meat chicken, no hormone injected chickens, and preferably no salt added.

9. For me at least, avoid oranges. It causes blood spikes, and weird reactions.

10. Optional: Invest money in a juicer, instead of buying bottled juices, make your own natural fruit/vegetable juice and provide micro nutrients for your body instead of taking vitamin pills. If you watched the movie, "fat sick and nearly dead" you can get a better idea of what I mean.

11. Avoid alcohol. No need to explain that one.

12. Avoid caffeine.

13. And most importantly, get a good amount of sleep, and at least 15-30 minutes of moderate exercise a day. Go running around your neighborhood for about 15-30 minutes, its free and doesn't cost anything. Your body needs to function normally, and sleep/exercise is required.

My typical everyday meal:

In the morning: A bowl of oatmeal with apple slices, bananas, and if you want it sweetened, add cinnamon powder and/or stevia (natrual sweetener).

In the afternoon or evening: Steamed broccoli, kale, and carrots (not overcooked), chicken breast cooked in extra virgin coconut oil, organic black beans on the side, with fresh carrot/apple juice as a drink.

In the afternoon or evening: A bowl of fresh homemade salad made with dark leafy greens, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, fresh olives, topped with almond nuts (instead of croutons), with light organic non-dairy based dressing, boiled or fried eggs on top, and fresh carrot/apple juice as a drink.

As a snack: Unsalted almonds or cashews, apple slices, banana, grapes, berries, fresh homemade apple/carrot juice, water, cinnamon tea.

Try this diet and you will see results. Its all natural, and you can find these regular foods in your store. Wash your face with regular plain old water, listen to good music, enjoy your life. Good luck!

Good post, thanks for sharing :) Having ACV before eating is something I havent done in a while, I should probably get back to it. Ive been nearly clear for the longest time now and I guess every little bit will help at this point heh

I have a bone to pick with number 8 and the oatmeal in the morning. Honestly though I shouldn't be so nitpicky when there's so much common sense to be found in a topic. Seriously, great post, really concise, direct, and helpful for those who need it.

Sounds good to me and is pretty much the way I eat except for subsitutions due to allergies...quinoa for oatmeal, turkey for chicken, berries for apple, etc. This way of eating really helps inflammation. Did not take care of the whole problem for me but I have a really resistant case. My goal is to stay clear with just topicals...eventually.

Sounds good to me and is pretty much the way I eat except for subsitutions due to allergies...quinoa for oatmeal, turkey for chicken, berries for apple, etc. This way of eating really helps inflammation. Did not take care of the whole problem for me but I have a really resistant case. My goal is to stay clear with just topicals...eventually.

Have you ever tried a "caveman" approach, i.e. not washing your face? I feel like it's helped me a lot, and I have a persistent case as well.

I use coconut oil/steam from what I'm cooking/water, and that's pretty much it. I've also got a bottle of TCA peel I'll do very rarely in the bathroom cabinet. The longer I don't shower+stay preoccupied with other things other than looming around the house inspecting my pores in the mirror the better off my complexion is, takes better care of itself than I do.

It's hard leaving topicals when they've become so ingrained in your daily patterns though, I get that. It's just something you may want to try sometime. Maybe the next time you get the opportunity to go camping/sleepover at a good friend's house.