Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jetaime

Anyone Heard Of The New Cleanser By Cetaphil For Oil Control?

Hello everyone! I was just on the Cetaphil website and they have a new cleanser for oil control/acne called Dermacontrol. I have never used anything form Cetaphil but a lot of people seem to like the brand because they say it is non-drying and gentle. I have very oily skin but cleansers I have used for oil control always dry my skin out and cause my skin to produce more oil! So this cleanser from Cetaphil sounds interesting because they claim to control the oil without leaving your skin dry. So I am just wondering if anyone has tried this and what your thoughts are on it!smile.png

Thanks!

Ps. Also I was looking at the ingredients and saw that it mentioned hydrogenated castor oil. Doesn't that clog pores?

I have very oily skin but cleansers I have used for oil control always dry my skin out and cause my skin to produce more oil!

Oh dear...the Never-Ending-Belief! eusa_wall.gif

Just for your information: being dry doesn't cause your skin to produce more oil. That's just a hormonal effect, and has nothing to do with moisture in the skin.

I have very oily skin but cleansers I have used for oil control always dry my skin out and cause my skin to produce more oil!

Oh dear...the Never-Ending-Joy-Of-Humiliating-People *headdesk*

Just for your information: being dry doesn't cause your skin to produce more oil. That's just a hormonal effect, and has nothing to do with moisture in the skin.

So what about this cleanser? As that's what the question was.

Oh dear...the Never-Ending-Joy-Of-Humiliating-People *headdesk*

AKL thanks for saying that!

I don't know anything about the new Cetaphil cleanser. What's in it?

I'm a longtime lurker of this forum, but I just had to make an account to say that these new Cetaphil oil control products unfortunately don't work.

It's great that companies are starting to at least recognize that there are oilies out there, but this dermacontrol stuff from Cetaphil is horrible. Like Ghost08 mentioned, these products are very drying. The cleanser obviously just cleanses (I wasn't expecting a miracle there) - but the moisturizer gave a burning and almost stinging sensation when applied. On top of that, the latter gave a very greasy look from the start - there was no matte effect whatsoever. Might as well dip your face into a bucket of jojoba oil.

I stuck with this stuff for a full week and not only did it not do anything, but I feel like it temporarily damaged my skin aka. I looked like ***t for a few days. Stay away!

I'm a longtime lurker of this forum, but I just had to make an account to say that these new Cetaphil oil control products unfortunately don't work.

It's great that companies are starting to at least recognize that there are oilies out there, but this dermacontrol stuff from Cetaphil is horrible. Like Ghost08 mentioned, these products are very drying. The cleanser obviously just cleanses (I wasn't expecting a miracle there) - but the moisturizer gave a burning and almost stinging sensation when applied. On top of that, the latter gave a very greasy look from the start - there was no matte effect whatsoever. Might as well dip your face into a bucket of jojoba oil.

I stuck with this stuff for a full week and not only did it not do anything, but I feel like it temporarily damaged my skin aka. I looked like ***t for a few days. Stay away!

Thanks for writing about your experience!! Sorry it didn't work for you. But I'm going to take your advice and not use it.