Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LillyMay77

Flesh Colored Zit?

About a week ago a flesh colored bump just sort of popped up near my eyebrow, between my eyes Its not red, not sensitive nothing. It is nothing like any zit I ever had. I squeezed it a bit, and some sebum came out. I have just been applying zit cream to no avail. Its still a bump. Today I put mandelic acid on it, and is it burned my skin a bit, i am very concerned i cause permanent damage to my skin.

Edited by LillyMay77

this is so weird...the EXACT same thing happened to me. Same place, same pimple, and I even put mandelic acid on it. I think the acid burned it though....it turned so dark. It was tender and red, like you're describing it, and then it turned into this when I woke up...;

http://i51.tinypic.com/m7rix2.jpg

I put tea treee oil on it. And a giant glob of aloe vera gel. I'm assuming it will turn into a scab and then it will just flake off.. I hope. I'm going to a derm on wednesday to get it checked out though.

Hi, I just looked at your picture and it looks as if it is drying up and will scab over and heal fine. Its good you are going to your dermatologist to look at it , I know it will be fine though. smile.png I am just worried putting on the mandelic acid on my bump was a bad idea. Do you put mandelic acid on most of your zits? Was your zit flesh colored and not sore?

Edited by LillyMay77

Yes, it was like that for a few days. And I actually just started using mandeli acid a few days ago, but for a totally unrelated issue (My upper lip is a bit discolored because of sun exposure), and I decided to just dab some on the zit. Then it bruised up like that. It turned into a giant scab now so I'm happy it's healing :)

this is so weird...the EXACT same thing happened to me. Same place, same pimple, and I even put mandelic acid on it. I think the acid burned it though....it turned so dark. It was tender and red, like you're describing it, and then it turned into this when I woke up...;

http://i51.tinypic.com/m7rix2.jpg

I put tea treee oil on it. And a giant glob of aloe vera gel. I'm assuming it will turn into a scab and then it will just flake off.. I hope. I'm going to a derm on wednesday to get it checked out though.

How did the derm go?

I didn't go yet because my dad keeps forgetting to book an appointment..but i'll let you know! they look really bad now actually :(

hey sorry to hear that, mine is looking really bad too, no signs of improvement at all, I called my derm and he told me not to put anything on it at all.

Edited by LillyMay77

Mine look like: http://i44.tinypic.com/2nj3pg.jpg

:( super super noticeable.

I'm definitely going to the derm within the next week. But I do think it's best to leave it alone. I've just been putting aloe vera gel on it, and using sunscreen so they don't get worse. I have had these before (in the same exact area) and they go away in a few months if you just leave them alone, as hard as that is. I'm going to ask my dermatologist if there's any surgical/overnight procedure I can do..but I doubt it.

You have great eyes! I think the area is not super noticeable at all. I do think that leaving the area to heal naturally is your best bet, as well as mine. I am not sure there is any surgical procedure other then a shot of cortisone. Are you on any antibiotics? What is your skin care routine?

Edited by LillyMay77

Haha, thank you! It actually looks better today. It seems to have flatened out. I just put globs of aloe vera gel on it a few times yesterday. And I'm not on any antibiotics/never have been. My skin is actually fine but it's just these little problem spots that really bug me. But my skin care routine, which has actually improved my skin so much the past month:

Morning

- Massage face with warm water for a few minutes, and then use cold water

- Noxema

- Clearasil (because it has salycylic acid)

- Dickinson's Witch Hazel Toner

- Bio oil on my nose only (for a minor hyperpigmentation I have which is slowwwllly fading)

- Neutrogena SPF 100 Sunscreen

- thin layer of aloe vera gel (Brand: Fruit of the Earth)

- Aveeno moisturizer

I don't wear any foundation/makeup, but sometimes I do use Maybelline mineral powder because it has an SPF of 18 and kind of mattifies your face. But this is realllly occasionally.

Nighttime, same routine, except I don't wear sunscreen (obviously). And also, I use lemon juice on dark areas of my face (like my upper lip). Every few days,instead of lemon juice, I just put mandelic acid on it.

If I see any zits surfacing, I usually use apple cider vinegar to stop it from getting any bigger. Then I ice them down and dab a bit of tea tree oil on them. Sometimes they still come up the next morning and they're usually gone in a few days.

I also use Neutrogena's Microdermabrasion system once every couple of days (though I'm currently not because I'm waiting for this thing between my eyes to heal), and sometimes I'll use Queen Helene's mint julep mask.

Oh, also, I might go to CVS today to buy some Silicone Bandages to put on these. Supposedly those heal really quickly

Edited by faiintx

sad.png area looks exactly the same, I saw my dermatologist and he wasn't concerned and swore to me it would smooth down. I am hoping it will, but at this point I am doubtful. Edited by LillyMay77

sorry to hear that :/ at least you didn't pop or scratch it up. don't touch it or it might form a bruise under. i used aloe vera gel and ice on mine and it helped bring down the inflammation

this spot turned into a hypertropic scar sad.png anyone reading this PLEASE DO NOT USE MANDELIC ACID ON A ZIT, use what your dermatologist prescribes to you.

Edited by LillyMay77