Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Acne is pretty much gone but i have all these pitted scars and red marks sad.png

Everytime im driving and i look in the mirror i just wanna cry, its looks HORRIBLE.

im a 17 year old guy in my last year of hs, isnt it supposed to be the best time of my life right now? no, acne has completely ruined my life and self-esteem, i cant look people in the eye, i dont want to go to the barbershop because the whole place has flourecent lighting and i just get so sad. I got a dermaroller and have been using it for a few days and its helped, but i dont think this can ever be cured. My face is full of pits and redness, kind of like rolling scars and hyperpigmentation put togther. And i just shaved so it looks even worseee. Everytime people ask me to hang out i ALWAYS come up with an excuse, i dont have a job, i dont do much expect go out at night. I have a very good diet which cleared up my acne, but the aftermath is what makes me sad. Pretty much EVERYONE i know has nothing close to what i have, no acne, no scars, god bless them from not having to suffer. Being like this at such a young age is terrible, but whatever cry.gif

Edited by ihatemyskin94

Hey man, I'm 19 and pretty much clear now, but two years ago my face was a warzone. If you're gonna avoid people (which you absolutely shouldn't, but I did it lots myself), use the time to learn a cool skill or three, do well in school, learn everything you can about acne and your body, and in a year or two you will be loving life. Except I turned antisocial in high school and turned into a socially awkward penguin type person. I just had a girl today tell me I'm "chillable but not *you know what*able" haha I'll let you fill in the blanks. Bottom line, your life today shapes who you are tomorrow, so make the best of it.

Well, to be honest, you shouldn't beat yourself down too much. I'm 19 like trtn but unfortunately for me my face is still a warzone of acne. I have cysts all over my face and i think i might have cysts over my scars, which means i'll have a scar over my scar? <0_0>....well, what i mean to say is life is a bitch but watever it throws at u, u just gotta lift ur head up high and act confident even when it feels difficult. I know it's easier said than done but the more you shy away from going out the worse it's gonna get and before you know it, you'll be house bound. I try to make it a habit to go out everyday, first it's healthy and second it does make you feel a lot better. Don't worry about the scars, they'll fade away in time. Just make sure you enjoy all the wonders the world can offer in that time as well.

I feel for you so much man. Everybody tells me that my skin isn't bad at all but i care about my looks a lot. I did and still do the same things as you do. Don't look at people in the eyes, don't hang out with friends. And just today i went to get a haircut and i felt as if everyone in the room was looking at me. i started to get hot and sweat, and as soon as i got out of there i looked under my arms and it was drenched with sweat. But for me my skin is now pretty much clear. I'm just stuck with the post red marks that to me look eve worse than the acne. But i pray every night that he will heal me and i will include you in my pray as well. Best of luck to you man and godbless.

Hey there, first off you're still very young and your best years are still ahead of you. Second, you can always improve your complexion and hyperpigmentation WILL fade in due time. Think about this, you already have your acne under control, so it can only get better from here. Your skin is always in a constant state of renewal, so as long as no new acne is coming up, each day will bring a gradual improvement in your facial redness.

I'd suggest using an AHA product like Alpha Hydrox brand lotion, or even Acne.org's AHA+. Using an AHA cream regularly will help even out your skin tone. Trust me, I've had my skin bounce back from rock bottom eff'ed up and red marks everywhere, to pretty much clear and even-toned. It just takes time and an effective regime. Don't accept your current condition because it can always be improved. Don't give up hope on yourself!

Same story here. 9th and 10th grade years of high school for me were fun. 11th and 12th grade were terrible. Why? No acne in 9th and 10th grade, acne in 11th and 12th grade. Ruined/Ruins my life.

Same story here. 9th and 10th grade years of high school for me were fun. 11th and 12th grade were terrible. Why? No acne in 9th and 10th grade, acne in 11th and 12th grade. Ruined/Ruins my life.

Didn't even go to Prom Junior or Senior year either. Depressing how much I've missed out on just because of acne.

Edited by Kody_R_F