Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
millionvoices

I Forgot To Take Accutane Last Night?

Hi everyone. I forgot to take Accutane last night and basically this month I was supposed to take 40mg everyday, but on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, take a second pill (80mg). Last friday night I forgot to take the two pills at 12:00am which is around my usual time (sometimes it stretches a bit further than that time). I took it as quickly as I could this morning at around 10am. Now did I mess anything up? I'm afraid I did something wrong here trying to fix this mess. If I have to I will continue to take it in the morning until my next derm appointment on the 20th? Or should I take 40mg again tonight at midnight as usual?

Usually, if you a dose is missed, it's advised to wait until the next dosing. In the case of Accutane, you have some leeway in being able to make-up missed doses within a few hours (as you did), or skipping them entirely.

You can safely take the 40mg tonight, and return to your normal dosing schedule until your next appointment with your dermatologist.

If you miss a pill, just skip it or take it later. Don't ever take a double-dose. I forget pills frequently and I don't think I mess anything up

I take 2 40s everyday. This can get really difficult with a really busy schedule, lol. I'm some how an entire pack and a half behind (like 6 or 7 days). I miss like total 2 days a month total (4 pills). My progress doesn't seem to have been negatively impacted. You're probably fine :)