Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rp245

Just Went Picking Crazy...

Ughhh just need somewhere to admit that I've just gone picking crazy.

I just had a pimple that self popped, and then I saw a whitehead so obviously I had to go for that... and then... I just went mad. And squeezed everything. The thing is, I'm using Retin-A right now and my skin is so thin that EVERYTHING pops, even if it looks like this blind pimple, nope it's like a volcano. I'm also in my 6th week of the treatment so I get like 5 new whiteheads a day minimum.

OKAY I am going to see my boyfriend in a week (we are doing long distance right now). My new goal: no picking until then. Unless it's a serious whitehead. I'm very apprehensive here. Don't know if I can do that...

At least once I'm there I know I'll pick less since he always calls me out on it.

im on retin-a as well,, my 6 week to,,, but i hardly get any new whiteheads like i used to. but im also taking doxcycline and clindamcyin along with it, so that can be why im having less breakouts than you

It always seems to be the case that one little thing causes us to go looking for things to pick at. It's like it snowballs. I guess the only way around that is to walk away at that moment when you feel as though you're about to start picking, but it's just so hard sometimes. Personally, I find that I kind of zone out and almost don't realise how much I'm getting into it, until I step back and see the damage and it's too late by that point.

I've been picking lately. Not acne because I'm generally clear these days, but actually at my face. It's usually if I'm down or feeling bad about myself, or bored at the weekend, or a combination of all three. Last weekend it was all three and I guess it got a bit too much. Fast-forward almost a week and the damage is still there. I haven't been out since and I just feel rubbish. It's not worth putting myself through any of that stuff, but I just could stop picking and I can never bring myself to face people afterwards.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that it's only ever more hassle than it's worth and the outcome is never a good one. If you can keep that in mind and just take it a day at a time, don;t put yourself under pressure and you might find that reaching that goal is easier than you would first think. It's all about breaking that habit and changing those thought processes. It takes time and there's always a chance of stumbling along the way like I have, several times in fact, but it does get easier as your skin gets clearer. :)

Thanks guys! Actually the damage today doesn't look too bad... so hopefully everything will clear quickly. At least I don't let myself be antisocial. I'm really proud of that. Usually I'm self conscious when I go out at first since I've been going makeup free, but after a while in other peoples company and without a mirror I forget about it.

im on retin-a as well,, my 6 week to,,, but i hardly get any new whiteheads like i used to. but im also taking doxcycline and clindamcyin along with it, so that can be why im having less breakouts than you

Thanks guys! Actually the damage today doesn't look too bad... so hopefully everything will clear quickly. At least I don't let myself be antisocial. I'm really proud of that. Usually I'm self conscious when I go out at first since I've been going makeup free, but after a while in other peoples company and without a mirror I forget about it.

Yeah, I dont any antibiotics along with the retin-a. I was prescribed something, but I just have qualms about taking long term antibiotics. Did you have an initial breakout at all? Or did it just clear much more quickly?

When i first started i had whiteheads all over my face...my face was really really red and had all kinds of bumps on it. so if i did have an initial breakout, i probably never noticed it, since my face was covered with pimples...but now my face is really soft/smooth, and no whiteheads are developing. all i have now is just really red scarring but i know that will fade with time...i think i made a lot of progress from where i was at, and now im feeling a little bit more confident. its good to hear that your not letting it affect your social life