Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acneblckheads

What Medicine Creams Etc Actually Clear Blackheads?

Hi what OTC AND Prescriptions Medicines atually work on Blackheads, No one seems to know what to use on blackheads and no one can get rid of them please help, If you know of any meds or otc that work please list, thank you.

For removing blackheads, there's several methods that's always worked for me in helping minimize pores.

First, open up your pores by taking a hot shower. The steam will open up the pores. In the shower, use a gentle scrub with salicylic acid to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells and to help get rid of blackheads.

After you step out of the shower, you can do a few things to treat blackheads, starting from the gentlest method to the harshest (in terms of irritation).

1. On a daily basis, apply a salicylic acid treatment on the affected areas - I recommend Clean & Clear Advantage. Salicylic acid is great at shedding skin/unclogging pores. It works more effectively when your pores are wide open so the treatment can penetrate deep down. This may sting and be a bit drying though, so be sure to moisturize after. Good for treating and preventing new blackheads.

2. On a weekly basis, after you step out of the shower and your pores are still open, apply a clay mask all over your face (or just affected areas). I definitely recommend Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. The clay will absorb the leftover sebum in your pores, and shrink blackheads. Also a bit drying, so be sure to moisturize well after. Also good for treating and preventing new black heads.

3. And if your blackheads are super stubborn (my nose is pretty stubborn!) I super recommend Biore's Pore Strips. When you pull the strip off you really can see all the blackheads you've yanked out. I'd say this method is the best, but it's pretty drying and a little harsh on your skin. This stuff REMOVES the most blackheads.

Hope this helps.

The blackheads on my nose withstood every single thing I tried (topicals, masks, prescriptions) UNTIL I used 35% glycolic acid found on amazon or ebay. I used salicylic acid, but the usual strength in products found in the drugstore was just too mild. The glycolic acid does burn, and I only leave it on for 4 minutes every 4 days...it does an amazing job of exfoliating and clearing my pores of blackheads.