Notifications
Clear all

Chronic Redness Whenever I Smile, Move My Face, Etc?

MemberMember
(@princessdaphne)

Posted : 03/16/2012 4:09 pm

So whenever I smile the area of skin that had to move in order to smile is very red when I un-smile. Also, if I bend my head down just slightly for even just a couple seconds, when I lift my head up my face is very red! Why is this, and how can I stop these things from happening? I'd really appreciate any advice that anyone could give me. :)

MemberMember
(@highlight)

Posted : 03/17/2012 12:36 am

Accutane has been doing the exact same thing to me, and I'd like to think it's sensitivity and heat. When applying moisturizer, you're causing friction on your skin, something sensitivity doesn't enjoy. Same thing when you smile/look down. The skin will hate movement and blood flow.

Are you using any product that could be drying your skin?

DeLovely and HighOats liked
MemberMember
(@princessdaphne)

Posted : 03/18/2012 10:05 am

I don't think so, all I'm using is Derma E problem skin cleanser, which has really reduced dryness in my skin (about 2 months ago I was using a Neutrogena cleanser that did dry out my skin) and moisturizer (Cetaphil). I also use extra virgin olive oil as a moisturizer just in my mouth area that gets red when I smile. To the touch, it isn't dry at all, but still gets red whenever I smile.

HighOats liked
MemberMember
(@switch124)

Posted : 03/23/2012 11:15 pm

Suffer from the same thing, induced by accutane. Best thing I've found is to stop washing you face and use essential oils as topicals instead of BP and SA, as they're much gentler. I use lavender and peppermint oil but Ill be experimenting with Thyme soon, plus their loads others to try. Other than that I still suffer from chronic redness in my t-zone.

HighOats liked
MemberMember
(@jake2631)

Posted : 05/02/2015 3:41 pm

Has anyone recovered from this?

I just finished accutane in September of last year and am experiencing the same thing. I know this post is a couple of years old but I would love to hear if the redness went away with time!

-Jake

HighOats liked
MemberMember
(@highoats)

Posted : 08/03/2015 4:34 am

I seriously have the same exact problem when I smile or laugh or even scratch my face and yes when I bend down to pick something up and I stand up my whole face is red. There has to be cure for this. I can't live like this for the rest of my life. I'm constantly thinking of it. Please reply back if you guys found something that helps this.

-Elijah