Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
masterwong888

Oxytetracycline + Differin

I have been recently prescribed Oxytetracycline and Differin Cream 0.1% by my GP. Before that i was using Duac once daily gel which was a living hell for me since it made me break out like a war zone. I'm taking about 1000mg a day, 2 tablets in the morning and 2 tablets in the evening before i sleep. Right now my acne is quite severe, there are pictures in my gallery, my face currently looks no better than the end of week 5 from my the duac regime. I just wanted to know how it long it took for people who tried oxytetracycline to get clear or almost clear skin.

Any help would be great thanks :)

I have been recently prescribed Oxytetracycline and Differin Cream 0.1% by my GP. Before that i was using Duac once daily gel which was a living hell for me since it made me break out like a war zone. I'm taking about 1000mg a day, 2 tablets in the morning and 2 tablets in the evening before i sleep. Right now my acne is quite severe, there are pictures in my gallery, my face currently looks no better than the end of week 5 from my the duac regime. I just wanted to know how it long it took for people who tried oxytetracycline to get clear or almost clear skin.

Any help would be great thanks smile.png

Yo bro. Welcome to the board! I have been on Duac and really did not have positive long term results with it. Tetracycline and Differin have worked wonders for me. Should only be on the antibiotics for a few months as it can be quite unhealthy for your body over the long haul, however, it is good to get that "clean slate." 1000 MG is twice the dose I was taking and probably seen full results in about 3 months. Differin is the god of all topical acne fighting drugs in my opinion. I won't sugar coat it, your acne WILL get worse before it gets better with the Differin. You will probably have 3-4 initial breakouts over the period of 6 weeks before your skin really starts to adapt to the drug. You skin will go on a roller coaster of good and bad weeks. Took me more then 5 months to see 100% results but man is it worth it. I have been on Differin for well over a year now.

P.S. Aside from your acne, your skin looks pretty smooth and scar free. You should be thankful for that. Acne comes and goes, scars can last a life time!

Yo bro. Welcome to the board! I have been on Duac and really did not have positive long term results with it. Tetracycline and Differin have worked wonders for me. Should only be on the antibiotics for a few months as it can be quite unhealthy for your body over the long haul, however, it is good to get that "clean slate." 1000 MG is twice the dose I was taking and probably seen full results in about 3 months. Differin is the god of all topical acne fighting drugs in my opinion. I won't sugar coat it, your acne WILL get worse before it gets better with the Differin. You will probably have 3-4 initial breakouts over the period of 6 weeks before your skin really starts to adapt to the drug. You skin will go on a roller coaster of good and bad weeks. Took me more then 5 months to see 100% results but man is it worth it. I have been on Differin for well over a year now.

P.S. Aside from your acne, your skin looks pretty smooth and scar free. You should be thankful for that. Acne comes and goes, scars can last a life time!

Thanks alot for the info man, I'll definetly stick with the differin. I'm just worried about those breakouts u said. I really hope they're not as bad as the breakouts i had with the Duac coz i literally lost count of how many new pimples i got each day.

Thanks alot for the info man, I'll definetly stick with the differin. I'm just worried about those breakouts u said. I really hope they're not as bad as the breakouts i had with the Duac coz i literally lost count of how many new pimples i got each day.

After the storm comes the rainbow. Corny? I know. Haha! But yes, I did have a pretty bad initial breakout, followed by some clear skin for a few days, followed by another IB ( not as bad as the first), then more clear skin. And this pattern seems to repeat for several weeks. Check this guy's personal journal out with Differin.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/297021-one-year-of-differin-3-and-clyndamycin-phosphate-gel-1/

After the storm comes the rainbow. Corny? I know. Haha! But yes, I did have a pretty bad initial breakout, followed by some clear skin for a few days, followed by another IB ( not as bad as the first), then more clear skin. And this pattern seems to repeat for several weeks. Check this guy's personal journal out with Differin.

http://www.acne.org/...hosphate-gel-1/

Hey guys, im on Erythromycin and Differin Gel! Any ideas when is the good time to take the tablets? also does the Differin cream really work? Ive tried several stuff in the past with no luck. Let me knw bro x

Well, about differin cream, for me it's not working very well but i've only used for a week. First of all i have sensitive and oily skin. The cream is good for sensitive skin but not oily skin..In fact it makes it 10 times more oily. However, i've only been using it for a week so i don't think results will happen till the 4-5th week.