Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will it always be red when I am using Benzoyl Peroxide? The side of my face where I don't put it on is nice and smooth and white and beautiful, and the parts where I apply Benzoyl is red :(

Thanks,

Tom.

Hi Tom,

I've been using aloe Vera gel to help with redness. I'm on epiduo which had benzoyl peroxide too, and it seems to work well enough for me. It can also help with redness and irritation from sunburns :)

Hi Tom,

I've been using aloe Vera gel to help with redness. I'm on epiduo which had benzoyl peroxide too, and it seems to work well enough for me. It can also help with redness and irritation from sunburns smile.png

Thank you. I've also been having this problem too. Is it safe to use aloe vera and benzoyl peroxide together though?

I've found that, even though aloe is said to be non-comedogenic, I get these small whiteheads where I apply it.

I think that the redness is from the reaction between my moisturizer and the benzoyl - when my face is shiny from the moisturizer (Cetaphil), it is also red.

In the morning, when the moisturizer is pretty much wiped off by my pillow and absorbed into the skin, my face is not red at all.