Notifications
Clear all

2012 Accutane...here I Go!

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 03/16/2012 7:24 am

...so after 6months of trying procedures (which hurts), topicals, and antibiotics i am now going to take oral Isotretinoin_ Acnetrex

my dermatologist put me on a 6months modified course

40mg. once a day after dinner

for seven days

one week, every month!

+ topicals of course <which i also modified...wayyy milder> cetaphil cleanser, clindamycin toner, cetaphil moisturizer (anticipating the dryness)

still scared as heck.... hoping and praying to God that this will be It!!! and please noooo adverse/side effects......

keeping positive thoughts too....

no turning back now......aaaaccckkkk here i go!!!!

here are also my pictures for documenting...... taken yesterday, in natural light...no flash..... (i think it looks better in pics than in real life...weird huh???..... can't stop listening to Sleep Walk by Santo and Johnny Farina)

post-157326-0-93894800-1331900522_thumb.post-157326-0-19299600-1331900569_thumb.post-157326-0-99322200-1331900625_thumb.

post-157326-0-93894800-1331900522_thumb.

post-157326-0-19299600-1331900569_thumb.

post-157326-0-99322200-1331900625_thumb.

MemberMember
(@jennyband)

Posted : 03/17/2012 5:55 am

Good Luck! your going to be clear in no time, all the best with your course.

JB

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/17/2012 11:26 am

I wouldn't, my mom took it and had health problems and my brother was born with a birth defect because of it.

Definitely a dangerous treatment.

Diet & natural alternatives are much safer! go with that!

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 03/21/2012 2:02 am

JB

JB

thanks....... i really hope i would be clear too..... taking Isotretinoin for almost a week now....still breaking out, which is nothing new to me.......

God help us all!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@jennyband)

Posted : 03/22/2012 4:24 am

you will break out for a little while yet, then it will clear right up! have faith :)

JB

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 04/17/2012 6:02 am

....so one month in, and i started my 2nd dose last Friday, April 13th 2012..... my derm told me my acne looked better although i can't tell coz i think it still looks pretty much the same to me. So far my only side effect is dry lips (thank God for that)....my derm still told me that i might still break out (which of course is nothing new to me)...

.... hoping and praying that Isotretinoin will work for me.... it has to!!!!!

(been talking to my family lately, and we're opting to consult a Psychologist coz' of my depression.... and i also want to know if its already clinical depression... sigh... although i've been feeling better these few days but there are still times when i cry uncontrollably...until i fall asleep.. sometimes i ask myself am i going crazy????? aaarrrggghhh ...this is what ACNE has done to my life..... it really Hurts... physically and emotionally!!!)

>i'll try and post pictures next time since my internet is being weird (though i stand by what i said previously, it still looks better in pictures than in real life!!!!)

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 04/21/2012 2:00 am

.....sooooo here's something new..... consulted a psychiatrist today...... i'm diagnosed to have clinical depression; bipolar disorder and gonna start taking meds for it.........

.....i asked if it's going to react to my taking Accutane but my doctor said it's relatively safe to take antidepressants.....

soo far that's what ACNE has done to my life..... strongsad.gif

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 04/21/2012 6:32 am

.....latest picture (April 19,2012

)

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 05/14/2012 3:13 am

.....still feel like crap..... started my 3rd dose last night........ pretty much still look the same as the recent pictures i've posted soooo........

oh yeah.... gonna continue meds for depression....aaarrgghhhhh i'm already exhausted!!!!!

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 05/16/2012 6:55 am

.......just had my medication refilled today...haven't started taking them and i'm already feeling tired........

living with ACNE+ Bipolar sucks........... bouts of unstoppable crying session again last night.... sad.png....... i have got to STOP watching UP!

MemberMember
(@jeanm)

Posted : 05/17/2012 6:24 am

Goodluck and have a little faith I'm sure you'll be clear in no time ..accutane makes miracles:)

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 05/17/2012 5:27 pm

Goodluck and have a little faith I'm sure you'll be clear in no time ..accutane makes miracles:)

. I hope I will.... Still breaking out at this point.... Sigh..... I think my MDD is kicking in again and so paranoid that people would see me popping meds and they'll ask me about it..... Aaaaahhhhhh sometimes I feel like I want to be stranded in an island by myself.... I don't mind living alone as long as people don't bug me..... It sucks to be me right now..... :(

MemberMember
(@jeanm)

Posted : 05/18/2012 1:59 am

. I hope I will.... Still breaking out at this point....Sigh..... I think my MDD is kicking in again and so paranoid that people would see me popping meds and they'll ask me about it..... Aaaaahhhhhh sometimes I feel like I want to be stranded in an island by myself.... I don't mind living alone as long as people don't bug me..... It sucks to be me right now..... sad.png

. I hope I will.... Still breaking out at this point....Sigh..... I think my MDD is kicking in again and so paranoid that people would see me popping meds and they'll ask me about it..... Aaaaahhhhhh sometimes I feel like I want to be stranded in an island by myself.... I don't mind living alone as long as people don't bug me..... It sucks to be me right now..... sad.png

Looks like we're both in the same boat then =/ I'm on day 44 , 256days to go!

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 05/24/2012 10:27 pm

...soooo people told me that my acne looks better...... I D K....... sometimes i want to tell them to not notice it too much so that my progress won't be jinxed....... sigh.... i have just got home yesterday from the province..... i got a tan without even leaving the house...that's how hot the temperature is here in the Philippines....

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/image/46192-foreheadfront-may-252012/

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/image/46193-left-may-252012/

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/image/46194-right-may-252012/

here's what i look like after a week's roaming around Vigan City!!!!

MemberMember
(@jamie-o)

Posted : 05/24/2012 11:36 pm

Glad to see the treatment appears to be working for you. Good luck with the rest of your treatment. Can't belief you support Barca though :o lol

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 05/25/2012 6:24 am

Glad to see the treatment appears to be working for you. Good luck with the rest of your treatment. Can't belief you support Barca though gasp.gif lol

thanks........ im a solid Barca girl!!!!

MemberMember
(@redhead-rachel)

Posted : 05/25/2012 7:56 am

Your skin is looking great! I think you'll be 100% clear soon! :D

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 05/25/2012 8:29 am

Your skin is looking great! I think you'll be 100% clear soon! biggrin.png

Glad to see the treatment appears to be working for you. Good luck with the rest of your treatment. Can't belief you support Barca though gasp.gif lol

thanks........ im a solid Barca girl!!!!

thank you i hope soo too.... i don't wanna go back to my black hole...it;s too dark in there

anyway felt goofy after an hour of crying in the shower.....what a weird day it's been...

stick umbrella

MemberMember
(@whiteacre)

Posted : 05/27/2012 1:16 am

hi margox,

your acne definitely looks better. accutane will clear you up - it just takes a long time, be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer. biggrin.png

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 05/28/2012 4:39 am

hi margox,

your acne definitely looks better. accutane will clear you up - it just takes a long time, be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer. biggrin.png

thank you thank you thank you thank you.........God bless us all in our fight against mean old ACNE!!!!

although i still am a little sad...coz i went to the mall with my brother yesterday and i'm pretty sure people were looking at me....aaccckkkkkk i really get depressed when i see myself in the mirror.......

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 06/02/2012 7:10 am

sooooo....it has been a tiring day....... went out and shopped for things...... i was okay earlier and then suddenly i bumped into a friend of mine and then my world crumbled down................ actually it was just a brief hi, Hello, goodbye and no other shenannigans that we talked about but i felt like S#@%!!!!!!!!

CRAP CRAP CRAP...... what the FRACK??????? i just don't want to be seen with (to quote the Ice King from adventure time) this CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY all over my FACE!!!!........

S#@% S#@% S#@% S#@% S#@% S#@%!!!!!!!!!!!! sad.png

sunday morning rain is falling.......

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/image/46301-june-3-2012-right/

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/image/46300-june-3-2012-left/

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/image/46299-june-3-2012-front/

MemberMember
(@jamie-o)

Posted : 06/05/2012 9:02 pm

Hey your face looks brillant, huge decrease in acne from the start. Glad Accutane is working for you smile.png

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 06/06/2012 2:39 am

Hey your face looks brillant, huge decrease in acne from the start. Glad Accutane is working for you smile.png

thanks........... although i still feel like crap...thanks a lot bipolar!!!!! aaaarrrgghhh hope i'll feel better when i'm in SG....

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 06/11/2012 1:48 am

.......... 3 days spending time with cousins here in singapore...... Although no one has been pressing me about my acne... I still feel like crap........... :( ???? ..........

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 06/18/2012 11:54 pm