The Regimen For Oil...

Notifications
Clear all

The Regimen For Oily Skin?

MemberMember
(@myymmyym)

Posted : 03/15/2012 10:13 pm

My problems:

- Extremely oily skin - within 15 minutes of washing, oil is visibly seeping out of my pores (mostly on my nose, some on my forehead)

- Blackheads - TONS of them

- Occasional pimple on my chin, forehead, and jawline

- I have to blot my nose twice an hour! Disgusting!

My main concern here is my oily skin. Will The Regimen work for me? I am considering buying the products this site makes available, but since I don't get too many pimples, is it worth it?

Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@acneehater)

Posted : 03/15/2012 10:32 pm

ahaha well this regimen will definitely cause dry skin. which i hate more then anything.

but if you dont have much acne. then i'd say to use moisturiser. This may sound odd to use moisturiser even tho your face is already so oil, but i think i'll help cause ur skin wants to moisturise ur face naturally so in order to control the oils on ur face u can self moisturise if that makes any sense.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 03/15/2012 10:53 pm

Benzoyl peroxide is not specifically effective for oily skin. In fact, there are some small studies claiming it increases oiliness (probably because it unclogs your pores, allowing sebum to flow out more easily). It should be effective for blackheads, though. A moisturized (water) skin doesn't have much to do with sebum/oil production. To try and get your sebum production under control (as that's your main goal), you should look into either diet/supplements and/or a topical that's capable of reducing sebum production.

Some options: vitamin B5, A, zinc, Accutane, Nizoral shampoo and some less well known topicals, like niacinamide and silicol gel.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 03/16/2012 4:13 pm

Here are Dan's tips for dealing with oily skin while on the Regimen. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#oily

MemberMember
(@ollli)

Posted : 01/26/2014 6:31 pm

My skin is quite oily but I have this acne ptobelm which I really badly want to control pls I need help to get rid of it !!!! Even make up doent hid my bumpy skin any more getting depression :(