Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reapt

Not Finding The Answer To My Questions

Basically I've been on a bulk diet the past 2-3 weeks. My acne has no changed in the slightest.

My diet:

eggs, lean meats, lots of veggies, fruits, breads, oatmeals, and rice of all types.

I workout 4 days a week in intense weight lifting.

What I'm trying to figure it out is if this weight lifting and diet was gonna change my acne would i have seen a change by now? I've heard some people say it takes months to show. Am I setting myself up for failure 3 or more months down the road?

I'm 22, I had acne since i was 13 but it was never bad and my diet never seemed to do anything that i can remember(that was a long time ago) I recently about 6 months ago got horrible cystic acne, I have no idea what caused it or set it off. It just came. I got it cleared up with a red marks left behind now. I'm just concerned that after I'm finally clear that this new regime i'm doing is gonna hurt me.

Should in know by now if weight lifting or diet will give me breakouts? Bulking for 2-3 weeks, been working out for 2 months approx.

Intense weight lifting has been known to exacerbate acne in those prone to it, due to the extra stress on the body, and possibly because of the extra IGF-1 released to help the muscles grow.

I'd also cut out the breads as much as possible if I were you, as breads, unless you find organic whole grain, will either be wheat or white, which are not things you want as an acne sufferer either. For instance, white bread causes nearly the same insulin response as pure glucose.

Also, what do you mean by lean meats? For instance, for a while I tried eating packaged sliced turkey all the time thinking I was getting lean meat, although it's processed as well so it's really not a good choice. Not to mention, if you got your lean meats from walmart, there's a very high chance that those won't be beneficial to your acne either, as most cheaper meat will come from grain-fed instead of grass-fed animals. Not to mention the risk you run of extra hormones and other things you dont want. Pretty sad how we can barely eat anything healthy unless it comes from an organic health store these days....

eggs (dairy), fruits, bread (has sugar in it) are all acne trigger foods. Try to eliminate dairy, soy, sugars, caffeine and rice is actually hard for the stomach to digest and when you mess with your gut it can come out in your skin as acne. Try a very bland diet like chicken, turkey, water, vegetables etc and and hopefully your skin will stay clear (candida diet)

Edited by gia1

eggs (dairy), fruits, bread (has sugar in it) are all acne trigger foods. Try to eliminate dairy, soy, sugars, caffeine and rice is actually hard for the stomach to digest and when you mess with your gut it can come out in your skin as acne. Try a very bland diet like chicken, turkey, water, vegetables etc and and hopefully your skin will stay clear (candida diet)

Soy is known to inhibit DHT so I would take it.

Diets for people trying to build muscle that require them to basically eat nothing are not a solution. You can do other things besides plain old dieting.

Eggs are only a trigger food if you are intolerant to them, otherwise, they are a great food especially if they are good eggs from pastured hens. Fruit is also only a trigger food if you have some problem metabolizing fructose in which case you should address it, or if you pig out on them especially the higher sugar and high fructose fruits. Or if you are intolerant to a particular fruit or family of related fruits in which case you should avoid that fruit.

But yes, bread isn't a good thing. It's a nearly nutritionally void food and gluten grains as well as many other grains damage digestion and just may inhibit the enzymes that separate skin cells allowing them to exfoliate properly without sticking together and clogging pores.

Soy is known to inhibit DHT so I would take it.

Diets for people trying to build muscle that require them to basically eat nothing are not a solution. You can do other things besides plain old dieting.

who said anything about eating NOTHING. Soy is known to cause acne. these are just recommendations so relax ketchup. if you want to build muscle eat alot of protein but you better ask ketchup before you do it lol.

Eggs are only a trigger food if you are intolerant to them, otherwise, they are a great food especially if they are good eggs from pastured hens. Fruit is also only a trigger food if you have some problem metabolizing fructose in which case you should address it, or if you pig out on them especially the higher sugar and high fructose fruits. Or if you are intolerant to a particular fruit or family of related fruits in which case you should avoid that fruit.

But yes, bread isn't a good thing. It's a nearly nutritionally void food and gluten grains as well as many other grains damage digestion and just may inhibit the enzymes that separate skin cells allowing them to exfoliate properly without sticking together and clogging pores.

Once again these are only recommendations that have worked for alot of people. Never said it was a problem for everyone.

Once again these are only recommendations that have worked for alot of people. Never said it was a problem for everyone.

Yes, but eggs are no more a trigger food than many other foods that you left out. It's much more helpful to people to understand why and how foods affect acne. Then they don't have to make post after post asking will this break me out? Or this? Or this? And they don't avoid perfectly good foods because someone out there said it triggered acne.

There's current thread where someone asked which crap processed cereal to eat because they believed eggs were 'bad' for acne.

Yes, but eggs are no more a trigger food than many other foods that you left out. It's much more helpful to people to understand why and how foods affect acne. Then they don't have to make post after post asking will this break me out? Or this? Or this? And they don't avoid perfectly good foods because someone out there said it triggered acne.

There's current thread where someone asked which crap processed cereal to eat because they believed eggs were 'bad' for acne.

You won't know which foods are causing acne until you avoid them. Once again this is just a recommendation never said it was a problem for everyone. Most people on this site didnt believe food could trigger acne because of what their derm told them and are shocked to find out their acne is food related. Im not going to post every single food that could possibly cause acne. If you dont like my post's skip over them because this is all advice and without this site i would have never cleared my acne. any bit of advice to someone with acne could possibly be a cure for them. If someone had to avoid PERFECTLY GOOD FOODS and it happened to cure their acne than who gives a crap about the perfectly good food. My cure was the candida diet because of a post on this site and yes it was someones advice that cured the hell i was going through. I also cant consume caffeine or eggs and yes i also learned that from this site and someones advice on this site. i avoided many foods (that i learned from this site) and figured out which foods were acne triggers for me. ITS CALLED TRIAL AND ERROR. So dont bash the advice i give because it is the same advice that was given to me from people on this site AND IT FRIGGIN WORKED. Some people think they are the only ones with all the right answers UGH!!!! If thats the case go run for president.

To say soy causes acne is like saying iodine causes acne. Dan himself did his own research and it basically came back inconclusive for both sides. I suggest you watch that video.

All this gluten hype and soy included starts when someone says "science links blank with an increase in acne" so for some they avoid it and it works for them others makes no difference what so ever.

Like i said I drink a class of soy milk once a day and have cereal which is loaded with gluten and soy twice a day and haven't had any break outs at all.

I'm also taking a mutlivitamin with Iodine in it and guess what? Nothing is happening because i don't have these sensitives.

Soy causing acne? Maybe in people that have an intolerance for it and they dont even know it so it shows up as a skin reaction like anything else.

OMG people are so stubborn. I didnt say soy will cause acne for reapt i said TRY TO ELIMINATE blah blah blah and see what happens. AND YES SOY DOES CAUSE ACNE FOR "SOME PEOPLE". GHEESH read the friggin post before you comment.

4 year olds have more common sense.

Edited by gia1

Since when do eggs have lactose? The diet you reccomend is gonna create such hard stools that might rip your colon appart since vegetables hardly have any fiber.

To say soy causes acne is like saying iodine causes acne. Dan himself did his own research

So? I suggest you read the thread in which we debunk Dan's page on diet and acne as silly and superficial and of very little value.

And yes, soy doesn't necessarily directly cause acne, but it is a particularly problematic food that 1) is estrogenic which helps some people and makes others worse depending on their particular imbalance 2) Is high in harmful antinutrients that are particularly difficult to destroy that damages the digestive tract. Fermented soy is really the only soy you should consume in any remotely significant amount.

You won't know which foods are causing acne until you avoid them.

Yes, obviously. But you didn't say that and instead listed a few random foods. You can be intolerant to anything. To determine your food intolerances, you need real information, not a list of a couple of foods to panic over.

Edited by alternativista

Since when do eggs have lactose? The diet you reccomend is gonna create such hard stools that might rip your colon appart since vegetables hardly have any fiber.

who said eggs have lactose??? Maybe you havent heard of them yet but they come in pill and powder form and they are called fiber pills and fiber powder. You only need 20-35 grams of fiber a day, RDA, whish is not a lot of vegetables. Carrots are good for the eyes also try eating some.

To say soy causes acne is like saying iodine causes acne. Dan himself did his own research

So? I suggest you read the thread in which we debunk Dan's page on diet and acne as silly and superficial and of very little value.

And yes, soy doesn't necessarily directly cause acne, but it is a particularly problematic food that 1) is estrogenic which helps some people and makes others worse depending on their particular imbalance 2) Is high in harmful antinutrients that are particularly difficult to destroy that damages the digestive tract. Fermented soy is really the only soy you should consume in any remotely significant amount.

Yes, obviously. But you didn't say that and instead listed a few random foods. You can be intolerant to anything. To determine your food intolerances, you need real information, not a list of a couple of foods to panic over.

To determine your food intolerances you need to avoid them to see if they are causing your acne. Just because someone knows how food affects acne isnt telling them that it is causing acne for them, you need to avoid it to see any results. Actually i listed alot of foods when i wrote candida diet or are you just disregarding some of the things i wrote so you can feel important by sounding like you know what u r talking about. If you knew anthing about the candida diet you avoid many foods and slowly introduce them back into your diet so i actually did say that if you knew what u were talking about. I'm not about to write a whole story to someone about the candida diet all they need to do is google it. OMG get a life and move on.

who said eggs have lactose??? Maybe you havent heard of them yet but they come in pill and powder form and they are called fiber pills and fiber powder. You only need 20-35 grams of fiber a day, RDA, whish is not a lot of vegetables. Carrots are good for the eyes also try eating some.

To determine your food intolerances you need to avoid them to see if they are causing your acne. Just because someone knows how food affects acne isnt telling them that it is causing acne for them, you need to avoid it to see any results. Actually i listed alot of foods when i wrote candida diet or are you just disregarding some of the things i wrote so you can feel important by sounding like you know what u r talking about. If you knew anthing about the candida diet you avoid many foods and slowly introduce them back into your diet so i actually did say that if you knew what u were talking about. I'm not about to write a whole story to someone about the candida diet all they need to do is google it. OMG get a life and move on.

Couple things I need to say:

-What works for one doesnt work for all

What i have a problem with is that there is so many solutions and things that can be done to aid in prevention and being able to manage acne. However some more than others are over looked or thrown around then others and people get in this hysteria that they have to follow some stupid diet or whatever (like not washing your face for a month or no sex/masturbation, or avoiding gluten) when they really don't need to. I would save the very desperate plans like diets for those that have used a MULTIPLE of things for months without success.

Further more you say avoid foods with this or that because they lead to clogged pores etc. well hell use a product/s that prevents that. Everyone should be using a skin care regimen regardless. Just practice moderation and you will be doing yourself good if you do it right.

One has to determine what causes acne for themselves and practice it, however preaching to everyone to avoid soy, gluten because science says theirs an increased risk doesnt mean anything other than that. Theirs a "chance" doesnt mean it DOES. For some it has greater affect in than others.

It should be noted that the candida shows up in your saliva as i've had it before. And i didnt have to go on some special diet for a month to fix it. You shouldn't be doing such unless you test positive for it otherwise its another waste.

Dont like? Dont read? move on ya mad kid.

Couple things I need to say:

-What works for one doesnt work for all

What i have a problem with is that there is so many solutions and things that can be done to aid in prevention and being able to manage acne. However some more than others are over looked or thrown around then others and people get in this hysteria that they have to follow some stupid diet or whatever (like not washing your face for a month or no sex/masturbation, or avoiding gluten) when they really don't need to. I would save the very desperate plans like diets for those that have used a MULTIPLE of things for months without success.

Further more you say avoid foods with this or that because they lead to clogged pores etc. well hell use a product/s that prevents that. Everyone should be using a skin care regimen regardless. Just practice moderation and you will be doing yourself good if you do it right.

One has to determine what causes acne for themselves and practice it, however preaching to everyone to avoid soy, gluten because science says theirs an increased risk doesnt mean anything other than that. Theirs a "chance" doesnt mean it DOES. For some it has greater affect in than others.

It should be noted that the candida shows up in your saliva as i've had it before. And i didnt have to go on some special diet for a month to fix it. You shouldn't be doing such unless you test positive for it otherwise its another waste.

Dont like? Dont read? move on ya mad kid.

The candida diet is not stupid and is a great way to see which foods you might have an intolerance to. It saved me from the cystic hell i was living in. Nothing is ever a waste when trying to clear your acne, a waste is when you do nothing about it. Many people on this site have told me they never heard of it until my post and how it cleared me. What is sad is when someone try's to bash something that has actually worked and given me back my piece of mind. Like i said in my initial post "and hopefully your skin will stay clear". Never said it will work for everyone but if i can save one person from the hell of acne than it is worth talking about. So if you dont like, dont read and move on with your bad self lol

Well you typed "eggs (dairy)", I guess that was a misinterpretation.

Lool I know right? I was like, this kid thinks eggs are relate to dairy now?

yea pretty much

If you want to nit pick what does lool mean. first of all i am not a kid i am 45 years old but some of you people on this site act like kids. It seems to me some of you have alot of angry comments which only means one thing LOW SELF ESTEEM. Maybe being happy for someone that found their cure and a little hope that it can help someone else on this site could actually change your views and comments and anger issues. Negativity is the last thing anyone on this site needs.

yea pretty much

If you want to nit pick what does lool mean. first of all i am not a kid i am 45 years old but some of you people on this site act like kids. It seems to me some of you have alot of angry comments which only means one thing LOW SELF ESTEEM. Maybe being happy for someone that found their cure and a little hope that it can help someone else on this site could actually change your views and comments and anger issues. Negativity is the last thing anyone on this site needs.

Now I thought you were the one who was writing all in caps lock, trying to prove others something when others are just stating facts and statements with scientific reasons.

You could have just said " Ah yes you are right, I am just tolerant to some food so that doesn't apply to everyone" and just overall accept instead of bashing and saying "I did not say .. blah blah" we are just stating truths, I dont think theres any good reason to just reply to them with nonsense.

And how was saying "eggs are related to dairy" make me a low esteemed person? So anyone who states something funny and false has a low self esteem?

Your sarcasm will get you know where in life which yes shows some form of low self esteem. If you had read my posts i said HOPEFULLY YOUR SKIN WILL STAY CLEAR AND NEVER SAID IT WAS A PROBLEM FOR EVERYONE. Not once did i bash anyone and your the one replying with nonsense. If you knew anything about the candida diet you would feel foolish with your responses. You really havent stated anything in your posts but sarcasm. On a lighter note try to have a restful evening stress can also cause acne. :)