Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emma90

What Would Help These Scars- Pictures Included

What do you guys think would help?

I am talking about the top dents- right across from the mole. The big saucer shape ones. I can't tell if they are boxcar or rolling or a mixture of both.

My camera is not the greatest- so I have tried to show them the best I can in the pictures

I have visited a few derms and they said laser would help. But I really really do not want to do laser.

When they stretch the scars out they flatten, and some have said fillers would help.

But I have been thinking about subcision- any thoughts?

I am at a point where I don't trust any derms as I think they are in it for the money, so I am asking fellow scar sufferers!

Thank you! I am determined to get some improvement! eusa_pray.gif

post-171743-0-79930900-1331836849_thumb.

post-171743-0-41360400-1331836853_thumb.

post-171743-0-78938800-1331836855_thumb.

I am using retin-a to improve my skin texture...I haven't seen any improvement yet, because I have to wait at least 3 months to see some improvement...but I am losing my patients...neutral.gif

I know what you mean by not trusting derms... I like my derm and he takes my insurance, and he listen to my concerns...but he does not treat 'scars'...so I need to look for another derm or PS for scar removal...

I think you have both rolling scars and box scars...and maybe tiny bit of ice pick..redness makes them worse...so try to reduce the redness by using some products...I also use microdermabrasion and peel home kit twice a week.... It is very mild and I haven't gotten any irritation from it so far...! I just started using it about a month ago...so not sure it helps me or not...some site says I need to give it at least 3 months...neutral.gif

Edited by myskin2012

Hey your scars are very similar to mine but not as wide-spread.Those are definate boxcars,doesnt look like you've got rolling scars to me.In my opinion boxcars are best treated with punch tecniques.

Hey emma90. I totally understand your point of view in regards to derms. I'm in Australia and here we're paying $200 for a a short session with a derm. Ridiculous pricing, and even though I have only visited two derms my opinion of the profession has been severely downgraded.

The first one I went to did such a quick 10 minute rush rush job, and didn't even examine the skin closely. He basically pulled out a form for a laser consent filled it in, said it will cost $2,000 and if I wanted more info to book another appointment. Totally disappointed, and like you laser is the last thing I would like to try (if ever).

The second derm was much better and took the time to analyse the skin and suggest some treatments.

I still want to see more derms but am running out of options as there aren't more than a handful of these guys even in a large city. It's extremely disappointing to see the lack of care from this profession, and to think of the ridiculous prices we have to pay makes it even more frustrating as to have a proper lengthy consult with a derm of somewhere like an hour, I am sure my bill would come close to $1,000.

Best advice is to not rush into anything, find a derm you are happy with, and continue trying to search for online reviews of derms in your area or country from satisfied clients/patients.

Good luck to you.

I agree with Bmarie81, those look mainly like boxcars. Subcision might be able to improve some of the areas but idk for sure. I'm not too sure on how to treat boxcars, but I think a TCA peel might benefit the texture.

Thanks for the replies...

I think you have both rolling scars and box scars...and maybe tiny bit of ice pick..redness makes them worse...so try to reduce the redness by using some products...I also use microdermabrasion and peel home kit twice a week.... It is very mild and I haven't gotten any irritation from it so far...! I just started using it about a month ago...so not sure it helps me or not...some site says I need to give it at least 3 months...neutral.gif

I am currently using retin a which may be why skin is looking redder. I have been using it for 4 months and has only made my skin thinner and scars more obvious :( I am trying to use it for 1 year before I made any judgements.

What microdermabrasion kit do you use?

I am currently using retin a which may be why skin is looking redder. I have been using it for 4 months and has only made my skin thinner and scars more obvious sad.png I am trying to use it for 1 year before I made any judgements.

What microdermabrasion kit do you use?

After washing your face, you should wait 15 minutes before apply retien-a...use only a pea size to your entire face with a good moisturizer...if your skin gets redder and irritated, then you should rest your skin and stop using retin-a for a few days until your skin heal...

I use Olay kit(no machine), but I use it very gently, because my skin is very sensitive...I used to use it twice a week as recommended by Olay...but now I started using it twice a month. I am planning to get it professionally, but it's not cheap treatment...also scared to go random spa and get more damage to my skin...so I have to research a good spahuh.png

I haven't seen any improvement yet from using Olay kit...at least 3 months to see some improvement..slow process huh..? But now I am using it twice a month, maybe it will take 6 months for me...!

Edited by myskin2012