Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jal V

People Looking At Your Skin Instead Of Looking You In The Eye....

So my skin was really good the last couple weeks thanks to the chromium and zinc i've been taking. However, I stopped taking them for 4 or 5 days because I had blood work scheduled to see if I had any underlying problems and wanted to make sure the supplements didn't affect my results, and sure enough my acne and anxiety came back. Today my face is inflamed, which made me more anxious than normal, because it's depressing to have pretty much no acne after years of struggle and then have it come back. Anyway, the lady at the place was talking to me for a few minutes and I could see her eyes constantly going from my eyes, to my fore head and jawline, and it's like wtf? People say that other people don't even notice your acne, and then something like that happens and takes away every bit of confidence. My whole day is ruined because of one person I didn't even know. Can't way to get back on the chromium/zinc...

Edited by Jal V

I was having a conversation with this girl in my class at uni and decided not to wear any makeup that day (felt completely dead) and whilst I was chatting to her, I could see her eyes drifting over to my cheek where I have a huge breakout. It was so annoying because I was concentrating on where she was looking that I forgot what I was saying and she made me feel paranoid for the rest of the day! trust me I know how it feels!

Haizzz~ You're so sensitive~ They was looking at your face and the acne was totally on it. How can they avoid it?! saywhat.gif

It's allright, I even look at people with beautiful skin and just admire their skin and knowing that I will get that one day :) and you will too!

Yeah, I've been through that wandering eye from other people as Im looking them straight in the eye, I see their eyeballs move up to my discolored forehead from all the harsh chemicals I've used on it. Annoying, so I'll say, hey down here and they'll apologize and return to looking at me in the eye!

Aye. My family and one of my old friends were typical for doing this. If I saw their eyes wander, I just stopped speaking.

Edited by Lee1234

Aye. My family and one of my old friends were typical for doing this. If I saw their eyes wander, I just stopped speaking.

Haha I'll probly start doing that.

this is the worst! makes me feel so shitty after, like when they finally look back into my eyes its like omg they've seen everything!! lol

makes me feel super uncomfortable around them after...unsure.png

This is exactly why I turned into a hermit for the past couple of months, to avoid this very reaction. It's like some kind of morbid curiosity with our skin. I just want to scream, "what haven't you ever seen a person with acne before!!

I used to think that way about my acne and still do if I happen to break out. Generally, I just feel like I stand out and as though everyone is looking at me anyway, regardless. It's just a self-esteem thing I guess, and paranoia, because there's no real logic. Wish I could just switch it off because it totally holds me back these days and I've given up trying to be honest.

Anyway, as far as acne goes, maybe people do look. It doesn't always have to be negative and it's not like we can read their minds. Plus, if it's just a passing moment, perhaps it's better to at least try and let it pass and not be bothered by it. :)

You only have it on your forehead and jawline and you're complaining? Not trying to sound like a dick, but try having all over your face (including cheeks, nose, and chin). That's when it's depressing.

But examples like this is why I never look people in the eyes. I don't look in others' eyes, I don't have to see THEIR eyes looking at my acne. It's a win-win situation.

sigh.

WELCOME TO MY LIFE.

whats even worse is when people comment on it.

and when i notice they notice, i get even redder..

My forehead is bad... I am glad my hair covers them or people would be looking at my forehead. sad.png My cheeks, etc.. are almost clear, but still red marks. My blackheads minimized a bit and some vanished which is good. I think my forehead will be calmed soon.. I still get break outs.. got like 2-3 new breakouts that hurts..>_> When I had 1-2 big pimples on face.. people would look at it.. I guess they can't help it.. because when they look at your eyes, they can still see your whole face.. =\

You only have it on your forehead and jawline and you're complaining? Not trying to sound like a dick, but try having all over your face (including cheeks, nose, and chin). That's when it's depressing.

But examples like this is why I never look people in the eyes. I don't look in others' eyes, I don't have to see THEIR eyes looking at my acne. It's a win-win situation.

Edited by EddieE

whoa eddie jawline can scar really easy lol I know. I have scars on my left jaw and some indents on my temples. Ive been clear of acne for a while now but still have the scars. But I know the eye shit!! Gah I hate that. It's disrespectful for a person not to respect you enough to look you in the eyes. When I see a fat person I don't stare at their fat, I respect them enough to make them believe they are good looking even if they aren't. But yeah I think in the long run acne just makes you a better person, less judging, more sincere/kind, unless you have some bad scarring, or just can't get rid of active acne. Acne can make even the most kind completely cynical. It's hard seeing the good in the world when you have to battle a long war of acne.

People need to stop using the harsh chemicals. seriously. a big reason why a lot of you are getting looked at is because your skin is so blotched and discolored from that crap, BP destroyed my face, it's been a year and a half now since I've only used distilled water, sea salt and acv on my face and my complexion is completely back to normal, has been for some months now. You gotta restore that natural balance in your skin. People don't look around at my scars because I think they are a lot less noticeable because my face looks normal, like I never had acne but somehow have scars.

but aloe vera! right from the plant. is amazing for red marks and scars.

Edited by Thehoper

I've had acne since I was 13 (I'm 37 now) and I don't think there has been a day in my life so far where I haven't been aware of people talking to my chin (where the acne has always been for me) instead of looking me in the eye. Since I have been on the regimen for the past few years the acne has been under much better control but unfortunately my chin is covered in all kinds of scars so now instead of staring at spots on my chin people stare at the scars.

I really admire people who are strong enough not to be affected by how people react to their skin, I tried for many years not to let it bother me but the truth is it has affected a lot of things in my life in a very negative way.

I am however very glad I found this website as reading about all your experiences in the last few years has made me feel less alone with this as well as giving me hope that I can maybe finally do something about these scars. If only this kind of thing had been available to me back in 1988!!

It's strange, I have visible cheek acne and hyperpigmentation but other than certain other areas of the bodyrolleyes.gif I've never encountered anybody who doesn't look me in the eyes. Maybe the people I meet are just nice :)

It's strange, I have visible cheek acne and hyperpigmentation but other than certain other areas of the bodyrolleyes.gif I've never encountered anybody who doesn't look me in the eyes. Maybe the people I meet are just nice :)

Maybe you just have beautiful eyes. I am happy to hear that it's not a universal thing though, some people are actually so focused on what I'm saying that it looks like their eyes want to have sex with my eyes (male or female I don't discriminate-all homo). Feelsgoodman wub.png

Hat saves me biggrin.png pimples on forehead are dried.. I do have some active one, but it isn't big. Blackheads are turning to zits oompf.gif. Oh well.. it will heal some day.

Since my pimples are dried, it is very noticeable. Since I always wear hat, it covers most of pimples pretty well. I also have a lot of hair that covers most.

Not sure if hair gives problem.. but it probably doesn't cause I used to do this before and got healed then I cut my hair biggrin.png

If it wasn't for the hat, I bet people would look up... while I look down. lol This is what I do.. when people look at my pimples, I don't look into their eyes anymore. >_<

Edited by EddieE