Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been reading alot of books lately that mention wheatgrass. It sounds like a miracle drug. Here's some of the information I've found

Wheatgrass-the Chlorophyll Cocktail that cures

Purifies and Rebuilds the blood

Increases hemoglobin production

Alkalinizes Blood

Cleanses the colon

Heals Intestinal Walls

Chelates out heavy metals

Purges the liver

Oxygenates cells

Heals wounds

Is Bacteriostatic

Detoxifies Cellular Fluids

Raises Enzyme activity

Elevates 'Chi' or 'Kundalini'

The article suggests the following clinical uses for chlorophyll (found in wheatgrass): to clear up foul smelling odors, neutralize strep infections, heal wounds, hasten skin grafting, cure chronic sinusitis, overcome chronic inner-ear inflammation and infection, reduce varicose veins and heal leg ulcers, eliminate impetigo and other scabby eruptions, heal rectal sores, successfully treat inflammation of the uterine cervix, get rid of parasitic vaginal infections, reduce typhoid fever, and cure advanced pyorrhea in many cases.

Wheatgrass Juice cures acne and even removes scars after it has been ingested for seven to eight months and can contribute to reversal of disease. biggrin.gif

http://www.wigmore.org/benefits_of_drinking_wheatgrass.html

http://www.sproutman.com/wheatgrass.html

I hadn't heard anyone mention it yet. But I'm going to buy a juicer and see if all this hype is really true. I'm also thinking about liver cleanses, drinking more water and exercising more. My skin is looking the best it has in 2 years.

Has anyone heard the same things I have about wheatgrass?

Wheatgrass is an amazing thing. You dont need a juicer. Just buy a wheat grass kit. You can get one from wheatgrasskits.com . Just take a bunch of wheatgrass a day and chew it in your mouth. Wheatgrass is part of a person named snipe on the absoluteacne forums. He uses a few things to stay clear, but says wheatgrass is one of the most important. Alot of people have been cleared from his regimen. O and powdered or even fresh store bought wheat grass won't do anything. You need to cut it and use it as quickly as possible ( under 7 minutes if i remember).

Haha I gotta agree. Wheatgrass is pretty hard to take down. I grew a tray and didn't even juice half of it until I said hey f this =) You gotta be pretty hardcore to take it.

oi the aftertaste is horrible. It just keeps coming back. Plug your nose b4 you chug it down though and I didn't taste it much. You can also put it with other juice (like celery) and then it just tastes more like a salad...

my mom used to give me 2 shot glasses of it before i went to skool i went to skool smelling like wheat grass allday

i love the taste of wheatgrass and i always take a couple of shots of wheatgrass when i'm hungover and it seems to take the edge off...

gap used to have a scent called "grass" and i really did smell like grass...it was sooo yummy!

i know a ton of people who like the taste of it. if you don't like the taste, though, you can put it in orange juice. if you don't mind spending some serious cash, you can go to most smoothy places and they will put wheatgrass in which ever smoothy you want.

wheatgrass is trully amazing stuff however before you do try it make sure you have no grass allergies.

also minimize your dosage, alot of people reccomend 2-4 oz daily however listen to your body. this stuff is so powerful! 2oz is equivalent to 2.5pounds of green leaf vegies. its amazing for energy!

my experience was positive for about 2 months. skin was super clear, all the promised benefits wheatgrass offered. until i started to heavily detox through my skin! ive done this twice now with wheatgrass. once with indoor, and the second with outdoor wheatgrass.. indoor plants usually harvest some mold so my observation to my first skin reaction was mold allergy...ive never had a grass allergy..by the way, this wasn't a regular acne breakout, nothing could minimize these bumps for months...

not learning my leason last year i decided to experiment with outdoor wheatgrass.. wow, i am never going to try this stuff again. i was using about 2oz daily which is minimum and not maxed out for about 2 months again, making my skin amazing for a while and then one morning my skin became horrid again...its been a month now and im still battling with the acne however its starting to goo away slowly..i started using rooibos tea which has helped quite a bit...

beware of superfoods and what they promise people...listen to your body..

Huge bump lol but you are correct. I took wheatgrass for weight lifing purposes (getting a good hit of vitamins and minerals and aminos) I buy it in a concentrated powder form (really cheap and just as effective) It has done wonders for my complexion! Well it was, i think i may be taking a little too much. Ill cut down the dosage for a while!

I know the German Basketball national team drinks it every day during the world championchips