Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dunsel

Lowering/raising The Amount Of Bp

When I had first started out on the regimen, I only started to become dry when I was between one and two pumps of BP. Now that I was clear, yet still very dry, I decided to lower the BP amount to stop all the flakes. So I've been bringing it down more and more, so much so that I'm at less than a single pump, yet I'm still getting dryness.

Sure, all my acne is gone, but it's odd because when I was starting out on the regimen I was easily doing a pump or more of BP and not getting dry.

What's going on? Any advice at all? I'm very confused.

I prevent my dryness by only using BP once a day, at night, and a small amount of it, although sometimes I'll use a bit more than usual for what I like to call a 'BP' day, when I have no plans the next morning so I can cover my face with moisturizer.

I also very using BP, sometimes replacing it on a night with just AHA, I have gopne 5 days with out using BP and only using AHA and I don't get break out, I'm just scared to go longer than 5 days :P

To first clear my acne, I had to use BP, twice a day, since then, I don't need to constantly slop my face with BP to keep clear.

If I where you, I'd try what I do, vary your usage of BP, in my opinion, BP doesn't improve skin, it just stops/prevents acne, from then on, using other stuff such as AHA, and your moisturizer, helps improve skins look and feel.

I also use BP just at night, it does really bring down the dryness down and redness, what really helps too is an exfoliator, I use paulas choice bha before i put on the bp at night twice a week. All these steps work pretty good for me.