Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Update13

Papules Becoming Pustules, Good Or Bad?

I have a question about papules and pustules: are pustules in any way preferable to papules?

I ask because the my current attempt at treating my acne (which is mostly angry red papule type pimples) with 2% SA has caused many existing papules to develop in to pustules. I've been down this route before and quit using SA because of it, but I'm wondering if pustules are perhaps a preferable progression of papules. They don't last as long for one thing: generally they appear one day, grow in size and burst by the end of the second or third day and scab and clear up within a couple more days. On the other hand, papules seem to just hang out on my face for weeks.

I guess time will tell if the areas of my skin where papules have developed in to pustules will clear up; In which case it's obviously a good thing. On the other hand if I just replaced the papules with pustules, this to me personally, is a bad thing, since they're much more unsightly.

Very interested to hear what others think.