Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok so I am currently on retin a micro and doxycyline have been for 10 weeks it simply isn't working, so I am going to see my derm on the 29th and am going to ask for accutane, what to expect from here? How long do I have to wait to get it? Do i need a blood test before I get it? Do i see my derm every month? Do I get blood tests everymonth?

Answers seem to vary depending on which country you live in. In the US I have noticed people have to wait a month after their first consultation before they can start, in the UK you get it immediately. As for tests, for me its just been two blood tests over a 7 month course, both of which were early on, to check that I'm fine with the drug.

Edited by thefloydfan

In Canada its extremely easy to get. As long as you've tried something beforehand (antibiotics/topicals) you can just go to a walk-in clinic and get the prescription. No iPledge or anything like that required. Just monthly bloodtests after starting.

I live in canada and literally i went to my doc after trying like 2 creams before and she suggested accutane very casually lol

pretty sure i picked it up like that night or the next morning.

i just had to get blood done at the end of every month, and i only saw the doc once a month for the first 2 months

easy peasy buttt if u dont live in canada its probably not gonna be so easy