Notifications
Clear all

Started Accutane 30Mg March 13Th 25Yrs Old Female African American

MemberMember
(@bsmalle1)

Posted : 03/14/2012 11:45 am

Hello,

I am 24 yrs old African American female, and I have been battling acne since the age of 13. I've tried everything on the market. This is my last resort, I have mild to moderate acne on my face, neck, chest, and bad on my back. My derm just started me on Accutane 30mg for my first month so far. Today is my second dosage, I don't really see any side effects or difference n my skin other than my nose was not sooo oily once I woke up this morning. I am hoping this works for, although I am scared of the side effects I am willing to go through with it. I will continue to try and do biweekly reports for some of the people who are deciding to go on accutane. Wish me luck people, and good luck to you all who all are on the same path to great skin!

MemberMember
(@elianarra)

Posted : 05/14/2012 10:54 pm

I am a 27-year old African American, possibly switching to Accutane in the next month or so. I'm looking forward to your posts! Good Luck!

MemberMember
(@veruca-salt)

Posted : 05/14/2012 11:54 pm

Good luck! Make sure to drink plenty of fluids to make the dryness more bearable. Also there's plenty of suggestions on products to use on these logs, so I'd go through them if you haven't already :) I'm going to take my 9th pill later today, so we're not that far apart. I'll be following along!

MemberMember
(@bwatson)

Posted : 01/03/2013 9:20 pm

Hi everyone!!!! Im a 32 year old African american female that has been battling with acne for years. The last past 6 moths it has been giving me H***!!!!! I have been on so many meds that the Doctor has prscribed Accutane. I have been doing alot of research on the medicine and I see good results. Is there anyone on it now that can give me some pointers. Im currently on my 30 day wait!!!

MemberMember
(@rap63)

Posted : 12/06/2013 5:48 am

I'm a 49 y/o african american female. I'm wrapping up my 5th and final month on accutane. I have no regrets about the decision to take this medicine. I wish I had done it sooner. My side effects have been minimal. I never found an effective remedy for dry cracked lips and I tried several products. Just make sure you keep your moisturizer of choice with you at all times. Good Luck and be patient.