Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eak

Question About Accutane Dosage? Still Not Clear After The Course. Have Doubts If Proper Dosage Was Used

Hello, I am seeking an advice.

I went to derm and he prescribed me with accutane 0,5mg/kg. I weigh 80 kg. The derm wanted to even lower the dosage to 20 mg a day after he thought he sees an improvement. I told him about that 120mg/kg at the end of the course stuff I read here but he still lowered it. But because accutane is sold pretty freely in drug stores at least where I live, I just continued with 40 mg a day dosage. The derm told to stop taking accutane after 6 months and come to see him in 5 months. But because the dosage was pretty low and my blood tests were pretty good, I just continued using it and am now 6 and half months into the course. My skin\s condition is definitely better, there are no more cystic acne like before, but I still get some breakouts (rarely) and my skin is in no way completely clear yet, there are some bumps and some small white things, alot of them (I think they are called milliums or something). This is after 6 and a half months of 0,5mg/kg a day of accutane. So my question is should I just continue using accutane until it reaches that 120 mg/kg threshold without doctor guidance and hope to completely clear my skin or should I just stop using it not having my skin completely cleared? Good derms are a problem in my country by the way. This was supposededly pretty good, but to be honest, he was pretty ignorant about my treatment, wouldn't follow my results etc. As of side effects, I have chapped lips, dry skin and pretty bad nose bleeding. That is all I think.