Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lngo

Question About Dry Skin And Sun Screen

So I've been on accutane for a month. During my first week, my skin has been ultra dry. My nose was basically peeling, my lips were peeling... That's how dry it was. It was so dry I was not "flaking", but more PEELING! Anyways, this ONLY happened for the first week. Three weeks later I do not have this problem. Why? When I was peeling (dryness) I knew the accutane was doing it's job. But now it doesn't do it anymore... But also, I have a suspicion why I never "peel". During the second week after I learned I needed a good moisturizer, I bought "Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream". Ever since then, I stopped peeling... So could it be because of that? I think that's the reason, but my other half says no... because what happened to my mouth peeling? It still peels, but very little. But I bought Burts Bee with the Cetaphil too (and I bought the cetaphil gentle cleanser incase anyone was wondering). My skin feels dry but it doesn't look dry anymore, same with my mouth.

51-ylyp-pdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also, another question. I've been using the moisturizing cream day and night, only a dime size. I've never used sun screen... And I know it's important because blahblahblah.... But... I was so surprised at how good Cetaphil was, it didn't break me out, it did it's job, my skin has been improving that I did not want to put anything else on my face. I'm scared that if I start putting sunscreen, I'll break out, my skin will get bad and I don't want anything to go bad because my acne is better and I can see improvements. I did pick up a sun screen last week but haven't used it yet. It's a popular one I've seen on this site and it was on sale too.

Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry-Touch Sun Screen

SPF 45

with Helioplex

Photostable - UVA/UVB - Protection