Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daprince313

Accutane During The Summer?

Ok i am currently on retin a micro doxy have been for 10 weeks it has not got the job done I am considering accutane i guess i could start in april and do it through august, but that would be the middle of summer and I know it can be hard to do because of the sun I love being outside so my question is has anyone done this is it possible?

I just started a month ago and I know I'll be on it for summer. I used to live on the coast so I visit during the summer and spend hours on the beach. I still plan to do the same thing this summer except I will be wearing the best sunscreen money can buy. I can't stand sun burns, lol. I'm an extremely fair skinned person too. Someone on here who has been on Accutane longer might be of more help but that's what my plan is.

Oh true I totally forgot about the sun. I only looked at the positive - taking accutane in the summer and you do not have to worry about the oilyness! But yeah, Just use a high SPF.

lol being on accutane in the summer could be awesome...on the hottest days: NO sweat/oil, totally dry face

buuuuuttt....huge sunburn potential

hmmm i may have this problem as well

I was on Accutane for eight months, been off for four months now. I took it during the summer; in fact I went to Turkey for a week and spent every day in 40 degrees plus heat! I reapplied Mac factor fifty sun cream on my face every hour or two (other sun creams make me break out...) and used a little bit lower factor on my body, like maybe 35. I was absolutely fine, i got no sunburn or anything. Main thing is to keep hydrated. I say go for it, Accutane is the best thing I ever did for my skin xxx