Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
princessdaphne

Opinions On Clinique Foundations?

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has tried any of the Clinique foundations and what you thought of them. I'm especially interested in the Redness Solutions liquid foundation. It seems to have really good reviews! Any opinions on this?

i just ordered their "even better" foundation online, i'll check back to let you know how i like it. i don't have a ton of redness, but i'm very pale so i definitely have some. and some red marks, too.

I used the anti blemish foundation in alabaster, which is their lightest shade. I use this as my staple foundation however I would say I have a fair few problems with it. First off all it isnt pale enough (seriously, I am that pale), secondarily it also doesnt layer well so even though the coverage is good, I cant really layer it anymore over my problem areas, and finally I would say that even though it looks a good colour in my bathroom light, it is a bit orangey in other lights.

That said I do find that it covers my redness well, and thats not even the anti redness foundation! I'm sure if you went into a store they could give you a tester sample :)

I used the anti blemish foundation in alabaster, which is their lightest shade. I use this as my staple foundation however I would say I have a fair few problems with it. First off all it isnt pale enough (seriously, I am that pale), secondarily it also doesnt layer well so even though the coverage is good, I cant really layer it anymore over my problem areas, and finally I would say that even though it looks a good colour in my bathroom light, it is a bit orangey in other lights.

That said I do find that it covers my redness well, and thats not even the anti redness foundation! I'm sure if you went into a store they could give you a tester sample smile.png

I have a problem with Clinique's lighter shades too. NOT pale enough, lol. I just use them for summer and Estee Lauder for winter.

I'm a big fan of Clinique. I have their Moisture Surge (I'm on Accutane), Even Better, and then another one but I can't remember and I'd wake up my hubby if I went upstairs to look, lol.

The coverage is great, they don't seem to break me out, and they aren't heartbreakingly expensive.

The only problem I have is matching my skintone. I'm very fair and I prefer a foundation that is more neutral rather than having a yellow/pink base. Clinique works great for me for the summer and Estee Lauder is my friend for summer.

Clinique isn't my all time favorite foundation but it is pretty close. The moisture surge is absolutely amazing while I'm on Accutane though... Just waiting patiently until I'm just a tiny bit darker to wear it, lol.

I haven't seen the redness solution one but if it is more expensive then I'd go with one of the over ones with a concealor. Even when my acne got really bad, as long as I had concealor and foundation on my skin look great.

I love the redness solution formula ! The lightest shade happens to work for me. Perfectly, in fact. I am also surprised how long the bottle is lasting me.

The coverage is medium and very easy to build. Goes over my products and primer very smoothly,too. I am definitely reordering it soon, though I am also curious about trying "even better".

Thanks guys! I am definitely checking out the anti-blemish one as well!

I love the redness solution formula ! The lightest shade happens to work for me. Perfectly, in fact. I am also surprised how long the bottle is lasting me.

The coverage is medium and very easy to build. Goes over my products and primer very smoothly,too. I am definitely reordering it soon, though I am also curious about trying "even better".

Thanks for replying! If you see this post again, could you please sort of describe your skin tone, in terms of undertones and just how light it is? I am debating going for the alabaster or a shade a little darker.

I just looked at the website, and it turns out Clinique has an all new foundation- Stay Matte Oil free Makeup! This one looks good too, with overall positive reviews...definitely let me know if you have tried this out!